Chapter 4: Drowning With Sponge Bob

When they hit the water Nathans first thought was, 'Epic fail', the water was as cold as ice because it was the beginning of winter, the torrents of water swriled around him, he could feel Nikkies arms around him weighing him down and looked over to see her face witch was panic striken and terror filled.

He thought quickly and grabbed her around her chest, Nikkie wasnt moving she was to scared to swim on her own and he could tell, he swam with all of the strength he could muster but the rapids were strong and were pulling him under.

He choked for breath as the water went over his head and he could feel himself gasping for non-existant air, his lungs were filled with water and he couldent breath, he could feel his body slowly drifting out of conciousness, as his world became a wet darkness he let go of Nikkie, and thats when she found her strength.

Nikkie felt Nathan let go of her, but she wouldent let him drown, she grabbed his hand put swam as much as she could to the surface of the river bank,she noticed a large tree over hanging the river and let the rapid currents take her to the tree, when she grabbed the branch it nearly pulled her arm out of her socket but she gripped it with all of her strength, she feared that it might be her only chance to escape the raging river.

She used the branch to pull her and Nathan near the shore, it was difficult because was pretty heavy and the fast moving water made it difficult, she was about halfway to the shore when the branch started to break underneith her heavy weight.

She moved as quickly as she could pulling herself over to the bank untill she had finally reached it, and when she did the tree gave away and broke off into the river.

She collapsed on the sand bar and tried to cough up all the water out of her lungs she could, then she remembered about Nathan, he was laying on the ground not moving a muscle, he wasnt even breathing, she then realised something was wrong.

So she immediatly began CPR on him, Nathan was floating in a big dark space, it was neutral in that place,warm and cold, nothing was comfortable or uncomfortable, it was just plain and black, then he heard someone calling his name, it sounded like Nikkie, he started running around and yelling 'NIKKIE WERE ARE YOU?'he ran and ran until he collapsed on the ground and then he realised the whole time he was there he hadnt breathed a breath, then all of a sudden air came flowing back into his lungs.

His eyes opened and he slowly began to realize where they were, "NATHAN THANK GOD", then Nikkie started to cry and he put his arms around her and ran his hand through her hair,"Im fine,"he said,"Everything is going to be fine."

But by the time he had said that she had already fallen asleep in his arms,then he kissed her on the cheek and collapsed onto the sand bar.

The next morning he woke up with her in his arms and her head resting on his chest, he looked at her arm and he noticed that it was twisted funny, he didnt have the heart to wake her, she looked too pretty when she slept anyways, so he scooped her up in his arms and decided to take her back to his house.

When Nikkie woke up on a couch in a house she had never been in before, at first she thought, 'Where the hell am I?', then she saw Nathan sitting next to her on a chair, she was laid down on a couch wrapped in a bunch of home made blankets in a house that smelled like cookie.

"Oh your awake", he said happily.

"Nathan where am I?", she asked.

"This is my house, I live with my grandmother."

"Oh," she heard a teapot whistle.

"I made tea, you dont mind earl grey do you?"

"No thats my favorite tea."

"What do you know, me too," he smiled softly and left the room.

She sat up on the couch and looked around the room, it was kind of old fashioned with an old couch and some old chairs, the corner of the room had an older tv too, then Nathan walked in with 2 cups of tea.

"Do you want sugar with it?"

"No I like the tea straight,"she said.

"Well me too," he said smiling, then he sat down on the couch net to her, "thank you," he said finally.

"For what?' she asked, she was puzzled.

"For not letting me kill myself, and then when we fell in the water you saved me," he said and looked down at his cup, "But Im afraid I have one more favor to ask of you."

"What is it?"

"Go to a movie with me....that is if your not busy next Friday."

"Im not, I would love to go,"she said and started blushing.

He smiled and then said,"Ummm do you wanna watch some t.v? I mean if your not too content with looking at the wall all day."

"I don't know that wall is pretty interesting over there,"Nikkie said smiling and then laughed when he showed a puzzled look on his face, "Im just kidding," she reassured.

"Ok I was worried that you had brain damage from nearly drowning and all," Nathan snickered and said,"You wouldent mind watching Sponge Bob would you? I highly doubt that there is anything else on at this time of day that isnt for children under the age of 9....."

"No I dont mind I love sponge bob."

"Haha ok", they watched tv for hours giggling and eating cake, as they sat together the time flew by quickly and before Nikkie knew it the clock said it was 4:30.

" Hey Nathan I need to go home now, or my dad will starve,"she smiled at the thought of him staring blankly at a box of minuet rice thinking, 'What the hell do I do with this?'

"Aww ok then can I at least walk you home then?" he said and then added,"unless your dad will shoot me the minuet he sees a boy walking his daughter home".

"Nah you wont get shot, he'll probably chase you with a chainsaw though."

"If I get to be with you I'll take that chance," then he grabbed her hand and they walked out of his house together.