Nightmare

Baz's POV

it must be late thought Baz as his eyes peered open. The room was pitch black, nothing was visible at this time in his dorm room. He looked around until his eyes landed on the clock, the number 2:03 am blazed in neon green. The sun was still hiding under the clouds and the moon was up high, but there was a boy in his dorm room with tousled black hair wide awake. He had no idea what had brought him to this state,but that's until he heard the sound. It wasn't loud, the sound just drifted through the air nearly missing Baz's ear, but he caught it. The small sound of a vulnerable scared young boy had woken him up, the sound that was familiar in his ear. He stared straight at the wall infront of him not daring to look at his roomate, who was still stuck in his little nightmare.

When Baz did turn and look, his heart gave a sharp ache, the feeling so hard he felt it everywhere. His roomate, curled into a ball shaking, breathing hard, so scared and vulnerable. Baz wanted to run and wrap his arms around him, wanted to soothe him down with his hand on those brown curls.

His steps was cautious, it took every willpower to stop himself on just full on sprinting towards him. His hands was shaking, sweating, it was gross but he couldn't help himself. He could feel his heart ramming against his ribcage, he doesn't know why but it was. Maybe the feeling of nervousness? Scared? He was certain he was nervous when he couldn't move forward anymore, knees bumping against the boys bed.

The boy was still whimpering, shaking so bad, and Baz was starring at him with pure panic. He doesn't know what to do, he wants to stop the pain, he wants to protect the soft boy but how? It was a dream, a nightmare, and Baz couldn't do anything to stop it. Baz finally mustered up a bit of courage to atleast shook the boy until he wakes up, atleast then the nightmare will be temporarily gone.

" snow..... Snow wake up.... Snow wake up! Its a nightmare! "

The boys eyes flew open, wide and scared. Baz could see the pain he just went through just by looking at him in the eye, the panic the boy felt of having to be stuck in that nightmare forever, Baz could see it all. Tears was still running down his cheeks, and all he wants to do is wipe it away, kiss him until he forgot what he was crying about. Baz was taken by surprise when the boy he loved so much clung onto his shirt, hands fisting it so tight his knuckles turned white. He just stood there with a surprise expression, his own hands beside him confused on where it should be. Baz knows where he wants it to be, wrapped around the shaking boy, soothing him by running his fingers up and down his spine. He just balled his hand in fists, suppressing the feeling.

When he felt the boy let go of his shirt, he looked down to see him wiping his tears with it. He could've yelled, he should've yelled at him, but he won't. If he wanted to yell at him, he would've done it by now, but all he felt was concern and love.

" i-im so sorry.... I-i d-didnt know why-.... I really wasn't t-thinking. I-ill wash it tomorrow, i p-promise " the boy said stuttering, and Baz could hear his own heart breaking. " you can y-yell and whatever, just- just not tonight p-please " with that sentence the boy laid back down, and closed his eyes.

Baz stood there beside his bed processing what he just said, the longer he did the faster he realized why the boy said it. Tears was fighting to come out of his eyes but he pushed it back in, he can't cry infront of the angel, he can't. The realization hit him like a tidal wave, and he couldn't move away from it, his feet was rooted there infront of the boys bed. He did this, he caused all the pain inside the boy, he caused the feeling of scaredness inside him for being mean. Baz knows it's not really his fault for the nightmare, but if he just acted less of an asshole, the boy would've atleast found a shoulder to cry on. But that's not how Baz acted, he acted like a complete bastard just because he can't deal with what he's feeling towards the boy in a different way.

What he did next even surprised himself, the warning signs that should've stopped him didnt work this time. He crawled under the boys blanket and laid down next to him. He could feel his warmth, he could smell the shampoo he used, he could see how curly his hair is from where he is laying, and god he could care less of all the consequences he's gonna have to face. Being here, laying beside the boy he loved, able to feel, smell and see all his details was better then he thought. The warning sings finally flushed away and all he felt was happiness.

" b-baz? What are y- " the boy said turning around, he stopped talking when Baz put his arm around his waist

" just shhh Snow, just go back to sleep " he said closing his eyes. He waited and waited for the rejection to come, he waited for the feeling of the dorm room floor on his back when he landed on it after Simon kicked him, but that didn't come. All he felt before drifting of to sleep was the love of his life scooting closer towards him, his breath on his chest and his hand between them both.

Sent from my iPad