Troubled

After the whole incident with people cheering my name, the girls and I all went out for ice cream to celebrate.

"Wow, I wanna be like you someday." A little freshmen girl squeaked out. She was adorable.

"Please Hun, be yourself." I spoke and everyone looked at me like everything I said was a scripture. Felt kinda powerful for once, and allowed myself to be proud.

"Ohhh okay." She smiled while she dug into her baskin robins.

Kelsey turned to me. "That was cool, standing up to Emma like that." She smiled.

"Hey, it wasn't easy, but some people need to hear stuff like that."

"You have ice cream on your nose." She laughed and I swiped my finger in her ice cream and ate some.

It was dark out, but we all took pictures outside of all of us, then continued to finish our treats.

Posting them to social media for fun. To hear everyone commenting that Emma blocked me and dissed me. I could care less. This whole social media thing and making fun of each other was dumb. Pointless.

"OHHH who's ty_the_guy he commented a heart emoticon!" A sophomore slugged my arm.

"He's my friend, he must be done with tryouts." I grinned.

"Oh friend." She grinned hinting at something and I sighed explaining everything to her.

"Well girls, I had fun, I never knew how great being on a team is."

"Bye Ro."

"Love you too."

"Awweeee." I heard my team as we waited for rides. As for me, it was late, but I'd walk home.

"See you tomorrow friend." Kelsey admitted.

"Friends. Yeah." I'd made a friend.

So the dark streets didn't scare me, and my house was only a mile away. Making my way down the cement paths, ringing the doorbell, standing on my doorstep, my backpack slung over my shoulder. Gosh it was already eight.

"Dear God, Ro, you scared me!" My mom hugged me tightly.

"My phone died, mom, and the girls and I went for ice cream, I'm sorry." I flinched waiting to get in trouble. "I've just never had many friends and I wanted to go, I'm sorry."

"It's okay. As long as you're okay baby." She hugged me and I'd groaned at her still calling me her baby.

I smiled though, grateful I got to keep my phone.

"You won't believe what happened today, the rude captain Emma, the homophobic one–" I bragged and she listened before her boyfriend cleared his throat and interrupted.

"Ava... you shouldn't let her out that late." He scolded me.

"You're not my Dad." I joked and laughed while my mom raised her eyebrows.

"Rowan! That was impolite."

"Impolite my ass, I'm telling a story and he interrupted it." I sassed.