"So where are we headed?" I ask. Not sure whether to go left or right.

I hear Mia chuckle.

"I dont have a clue."

"You're kidding me right?" We laugh in unison, I decide to take a left.

"Here. Text Ashton to give us Chloe's digits or address." I hand Mia my phone, not bothering to unlock it since we know each others passcode anyways.

It takes a while for Ashton to texy back, but we waited anyways to make sure everything was fine.

"Something's wrong with both Chloe and Ashton." Mia finally speaks up. I dont reply.

Mia shows me the address and I recognize the streets and head that direction.

"Probably a love problem, " I say as Mia nods.

"Most likely, anyways."

I pull up to Chloe's driveway. Her house was big, probably three stories. I open Mia's door, and we walk hand in hand towards Mia's doorstep.

We knock several times and a dark haired girl opens the door.

"Could we speak to Chloe?" I ask awkwardly to the girl who rolls her eyes.

"Third room on the second floor," is all we heard her say before she opened the door all the way and let us in.

We were strangers to her, but I guess she didn't care at all.

So Mia and I head up the stairs, knocking once again on the third door.

We could only hear rock music playing in the room, but nothing else otherwise.

Mia turned the knob impatiently, to see a huge room with a person laying on the floor.

"Chloe?!" Mia shrieks as she lets go of my sweaty palm and runs toward the body.

She turns her over, revealing Chloe's wet face and messy brown hair.

"She probably passed out," I say, kneeling next to Mia and Chloe's passed out body.

I grab Chloe's hand, placing two fingers on her right wrist, trying to feel her pulse.

"She's alive." I see Mia's face relax, but it tenses up again within ten seconds.

"Should we call the ambulance?" Mia frowned, eying me in question.

But before I could answer, Chloe's eyes open, but she look even deader this way. She didnt move, only blinked every minute we waisted.

Her lips were dry, her eyes red from obviously crying, but then I noticed blood on the ground.

"Chloe why?" I say, looking at her left wrist. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Chloe had cut herself.

Mia looks my way, frowning at me as she sees what Im looking at.

"Call Ashton." was all that came out of my mouth. I gave Mia my phone again and she dialed Ashton's number. Since Chloe's music was low, I could hear the beeping of my cell and then the machine telling us to leave a voicemail.

"We should head over to Ashton's place." Mia's voice was shaky.

"No I think he's fine. Ashton's the kind of guy that hits the drums to let all the pain out. Dont worry." I reassure her.

Chloe just laid there. Staring oddly at the ceiling. But I turned my attention back to her wrist.

The cuts were deep. And to be honest, it was really disturbing. The blood was drying now. I looked at the freshest one and squinted.

There was something different about that cut from he others.

It had opened a piece of the vein. Thats probably why she had passed out.

My heart nearly skipped a beat as I panicked to cover the deep cut with my tshirt.

Mia noticed my actions and helped me.

"What should we do Michael?"

"Call Ashton again." I said as she listened.

On the second set of beeps, Ashton's voice was heard on the other line.

"Michael?" his voice was low and raspy as if he were sick.

"Its Mia. Could you come to Chloe's place?"

"Uhh, yea sure. Why?"

"Something's wrong. We'll explain when you get here." And Mia had hung up.

We looked at each other, unsure of what to do while we waited for Ashton. And so I turned back to Chloe.

I spotted blades under her desk and her fingers scarred from small cuts. Her nails were bitten short and her face was pale.

I looked at my t-shirt, which now had a huge blob of blood stained on it. I could hear Mia sobbing quietly, and so I pecked her cheek.

We nervously waited unil we heard somebody running up the stairs and then the door swing open.

We saw Ashton stare down at Chloe, his eyes watering and face show no emotion.

He dropped his knees to the floor and took Chloe's arm away from my bloody t-shirt.

Mia and I stared at Ashton as he silently stared at Chloe's frozen body.

And then we saw him lean down, a tear falling in the same moment as he kissed at Chloe's dried scars.