The Breaking Point

"So, do you have like, a condition or something like that?" called the ignorant voice of Katie as she ran up behind me.
"You mean a concussion?"
"Yeah that! Wow, you know really big words for having, a um, that one thing you said."
"A concussion?" I said once again.
"Yeah, one of those things."
"And no, I only have a small bruise on the back of my head." It was true. My mom said I didn't need to go to the doctor, because I had only suffered a minor injury.
I walked down the hall with my two, not so much friends, but people I know, and tried to avoid all the whistles that the boys made at us. Today I was wearing a white crop top, with jean shorts, and a plaid shirt over it. There's really no dress code, because a long time ago, a group named The Honeys did something to a teacher, let's just say she went a lot further than begging him. He of course was fired, and the dress code was gone. Man I love persuasion!
"Miss. Tint! What do you think your doing out of class." Came the crabby voice of Mr.Cims.
"But the bell? I didn't hear it ring." This would be the part I get to use my persuasion.
"Well you obviously should have been listening then. That's a write up."
I started to put a pout on my face.
"But all these cans I have for the food drive. There's no way I will make it now," I say down on a bench, put my head in my lap "I just wanted to help those hungry children! Is that so much to ask?!" I started to fake cry, but was quickly interrupted by Mr.Cims,
"Oh no dear! Don't cry! You go, I'll stall for you," he placed his hand on my shoulder awkwardly," we need more people like you in our world." he walked away saying things to himself, which was pretty creepy. I pretty much nailed that one. I stopped by the bathroom to check my makeup, since I had fake cried. I was looking in the mirror re-applying my mascara, when a group of freshman's walked in, all giggling and talking about others. They stopped and looked at me like they had never seen a human.
"Can I help you?" I was pretty fed up with freshman's and how they think they rule the school.
"Umm...class started 5 minuets ago." The girl sounded snotty when she said this.
"Umm...do I look like I give a crap?"
"Obviously not, all you older kids are only obsessed with makeup." Keep it in Alex. Big breaths. There only little kids. To late, I was off like a firecracker, I leaned down, grabbed her face in my hands and said,"And all you little snob's live off of is gossip. So get a life, and get the hell out of this bathroom," I gave a little fake smile and wave, and added,"by sweetie." right as a teacher walked in, "Loving the shoes Mrs.P." For extra credit, I thought to myself.
"Mom, I'm home!" I slammed my backpack down on the table and grabbed a water from the fridge. My mom walked up, handed me a slip and said,"Its from Doug." Doug is the man my mom had been seeing for the past year. The note read," Dear Angela, you are the light to my dark path, and the lyrics to my song. Tonight, I want to see your eyes shimmer under the light of the moon. Meet me under the casino at 8:00. Love Doug. Aww, old couple love." My mom playfully hit my arm with a rag.
"I happen to be 27. Thank you very much." I chuckled and replied.
"Sure mom, we'll go with that." I winked at her and walked up the stairs. I loved my mom, she raised me on her own, and did it wonderfully. I got bored so I turned on Pandora, and started carelessly dancing. Thirty minutes later my mom walked in on singing this,"I'd catch a grenade for ya! Throw my head on a blade for ya! I'd jump I front of a plane for..., mom!"
"No keep singing you were great." She laughed with joy, but sadness in her eyes.
"What's wrong?" I asked her.
"Well this letter from Doug," she handed it to me,"I was reading it, and I noticed, he wants me to come tonight."
"So, what's wrong with that?"
"Tonight is the night of the crash, the one your father was in."
"Mom!" Tears threatened to spill from my eyes. "You know how I feel, you know I don't want you to talk about it. You could of made something up, I had almost completely forgotten about it. How could you?!" I know I was over reacting because I had asked her what was wrong, but you see, 9 years ago today, my dad died of cancer. I know little to none about it, because my mom is scared I will do something unnecessary if I even know the name of it. I think that's stupid, because what would I even do, but she refuses to tell me, and that's her choice.
"Oh baby I know." She wrapped her arms around me tight, and whispered in my ear,"he will never be replaced." That was my breaking point. The tears spilled out, and I screamed at her.
"That's a lie! You already have replaced him! Everyone has. Did you know 2 weeks ago, someone mentioned the name, and 5 people asked who that was? Just get out, you don't understand." I put my head back into my arms and continued to stain my pillow with running mascara. I looked at her, and when she didn't move, I got up myself. "Fine. Be like that.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Well that happened fast! You have to read my next chapter as well. That's when things start getting hot. Thx for reading;)

The picture at the top is Alex's school outfit for that particular day.