Chapter 23: Marry Me?

Start from the beginning

"No I haven't." Kayla gasped. "I'll call him later."

As the three couples were talking about the wedding and deciding what they were gonna eat, Kelsiee and Julissa started their own conversation.

"How cute is this? Your mommy getting married soon and my mommy getting married in two months." Julissa squealed in excitement.

"Yeah I know right. My mommy and Nick are cute together." Kelsiee smiled.

"Do you ever think about what it would be like if your dad and mommy were together?" Julissa spoke in a lower tone.

"Yeah sometimes, but my mommy seems to like Nick more. As long as my mommy is happy, I'm happy." Kelsiee replied in a low tone as well and smiled.

"Aww that's so sweet." Julissa played in her hair. "So what are you ordering?"

"Ordering Julissa? Your vocabulary is getting stronger." Kelsiee giggled. "I just want a cheeseburger and fries."

"Well it's because you're always using those big words around me. Now I have to look in that book that tells you what words mean." Julissa shrugged. "I'm just gonna have some spaghetti."

"Lissa that's a dictionary." Kelsiee shook her head. "And nice choice."

"Ugh. So what." Julissa giggled.

As everyone figured out what they wanted from the menu, the waitress came over to take orders for drinks and appetizers. For 7 minutes, she went around the table asking each person what they wanted for drink. Nick chose mozzarella sticks for appetizers of course. The waitress finished writing the orders down and walked back to the kitchen area. Kayla decided to call Uncle Lenny and tell him the great news.

"Heyy Kay." Uncle Lenny said in an excited tone. "What's up?"

I'm engaged unc!!" Kayla squealed.

"Aww that's great Kay. Congratulations !" Uncle Lenny cheered. "Charity , Kayla is engaged." Uncle Lenny said to Charity as she began to scream "Congrats Kayla."

"Aww you two are so supportive. I just want to tell you guys the news." Kayla smiled as she took a look at Nick.

"Okay. I'm glad to hear and I can't wait for the wedding." Uncle Lenny said in a calm tone.

"Me too. Well I'll talk to you later unc. I'm out for dinner." Kayla said in a normal tone.

"Alright , bye. Have fun." Uncle Lenny suggested

"Okay. Goodbye." Kayla ended the call.

By the time Kayla hung up the phone, the waitress began serving drinks. Kayla, Nick, Michelle, and Devon had iced tea. Aaron, Dominique, and Julissa had lemonade. Last, but not least Kelsiee had her favorite beverage apple juice.

"So, Kayla what month do you think will be a great time for the wedding?" Devon wondered.

"Um May or July." Kayla answered as she sipped her tea.

"Aww next year?" Dominique asked.

"Yesss I can't wait for two years to get married." Kayla said in an 'are you serious' tone.

"Yes you can, but since you and Nick so ready." Dominique rolled her eyes playfully. "You got to get the wedding together now."

"She'll get it together soon Domi." Nick grabbed Kayla hand as he sipped some of his tea.

"Right Domi. I don't have to rush quite yet." Kayla looked around. "I think I want my wedding to be in July."

"Aww." Julissa and Dominique said in unison.