My Birthday

Thinking these days could get very much of your waking hours. It was like the culminating week of neither hopes nor anticipation. I wondered if it either ends or lingers for years. How I pray it will not be the latter.

With all those all-consuming doubts, I did not even notice how time flies and my birthday was fast approaching. Yeah, the 8th of September is knocking on my door. I need to say goodbye to 22 and proudly face 23. Well, good thing I was very occupied with work. And was even grateful to him especially allowing me to do work everywhere I wanted as long as I finished it. Because the least thing I wanted to think of at that moment was him.

While reviewing some papers, I was called to go back to the office because Bryan was looking for me. I was kind of scared. Thinking what I have done wrong? Did I upset him? Was I going to be fired? Did he love someone but loves me that is why he is going to kill me? Yeah, slay that I definitely thought of weird stuff.

Getting near to the office's door, I was grasping for air to supply and help out my clogging vessels. I noticed the staffs smile from the glass window with such befuddled daze or was I imagining. One of the staff carried a mocha cake towards me singing the happy birthday song. It was a very touching moment. There was also my favorite dessert: ice cream. Now, this was really a celebration. I just noticed, when they asked me to blow the lit on the candle, I saw something valuable. Engraved on the cake, Happy Birthday H..... from B..

I could not describe the feeling. The staffs were teasing me how Bryan made is so special for me. He never does this to anyone else. That was what they have been squabbling about. I tried to suppress myself on believing and igniting again such hope. But, why? Why can the mind loose its focus and let the heart take the over? Heart! Please stop. I already drank tons of cups of coffee why are you still not waking up from this fantasy?

Oh, geez! It came to the point of me asking the staffs to have a bite of my cake but leave the portion with his name on it.

Me: Please, do not eat this part. I hope I can bring this home. I just want to look at it longer (Now, that sounds creepy. Am I really saying it? Looking at it longer? What are you a Psycho? A possessed and obssessed freak. Oh gosh! Batter my heart three-personed God).

Staffs: Wow, you really love him (as if declaring the wedding bells are calling).

Speaking of the devil. Bryan entered ghastly and was asking for his share. All were cheering like a prince was coming. They were all teasing him of how much I appreciated his effort. They even informed him how I asked them to spare the portion with his name on it. Oh, as if the blood went all to my face, I was blushing fervently.

Staffs: Oh, they are blushing.
Bryan: She is just so over dramatic. We can eat this part.

I was just staring at his face especially he kept on lowering his focus. Was he shy? Why was he not letting me see his expressions? Could it be possible? Am I thinking what I have supposedly been thinking? Cut the crap. Or is it really for real?