The Short Notice

Going to school for my Diploma for Professional Education (DPE) class while working in a University seemed not to bother me at all. Quite a superwoman, I would agree. However, I thought it was not just about my capacity in accomplishing such tasks but the idea of a daily dosage of inspiration could really recharge and pump me back up. Sounds young and permissible but wait until you are in my shoes.

Every day of work, I was always packed up for an overloaded day. Keeping myself to remember stuff I decided to literally bring home inside my backpack; it surely caught people's attention but I am used to it. I was almost done with my workload so, I decided to leave early and run to school for my 6 o'clock exam. When, I suddenly hear someone at the height of his throat trying to impede my farewell, where was it coming from? Was it from his office? Undoubtedly, my reflexes commanded me to sit and wait still.

Coming from his office, I could almost audibly hear his flawless stride as if a child running to his mom. And like a prince's jumping off from his horse, his sweat drew an alluring face asking for me to stay. Now, my heart was about to explode that it did not allow me to listen to the rest of his request.

Bryan: I am asking you a favor. Can you please help me with my WHO project? I need to finish this sooner. So, I need you to stay up all night. But, we will not do it here because this is an outside business not concerning the institute so, we will do it in Dr. Jez's house.

Me: (Why am I considering his favor? I have an exam waiting for me. Oh, my, how can his request entice me and let me worry at the same time, please say "no") Ah, sir I am actually going to take an exam this evening. It is our finals. But...(oh, shivers my spine! You already hint in responding "no" why would you still reconsider, what an idiot!)

Bryan: Please...please...please...

Me: (how can you resist that plea; without me knowing I bluntly spill out such provoking lines) Such confidence because I love you.

I did not expect to use those words at that moment. I was even surprised how it came to this. Damn it, if I could only rewind the events, I would rather choose 'care' and 'like' yet it seemed still those words would not work. Oh, good heavens, "why can't my brain control my words?" And it was getting more awkward seeing his more shocked and embarrassed face running back in his office.

Bryan: (running back in his office) Oh my gosh, lesbian!

So pathetic of me, it left him an impression of me as a lesbian. That was so cruel. I did not know what to do. All the emotions of an identity crisis, suspect without the due process of law and social discrimination were all steering up in every inch of my nerve.

Bryan: (Getting out again from his office, he was laughing back towards me and I was thinking that it would lighten up the awkwardness so I laughed with him) So what now? Please...please...please...

As if nothing happened, I had immediately grabbed and acted to text my professor.

Me: (why could I not say no especially it came to this weird atmosphere) I will try to text my professor if he will allow me to have a special exam tomorrow (what am I saying).

Bryan: That is great. I believe he will allow you.

Me: What make you so sure about it sir?

Bryan: It is because it is you. Your professor knows you are a great student. And I believe you are. He trusts you. He will definitely allow you.

Me: (speaking to myself with a lowly voice) Am I hearing his first indirect compliment. Oh, I am going to faint. I have just splurted out a blunt confession earlier. How come he speaks about it so naturally? As if nothing happened...(before I forget, I need clothes since it is somehow a sleepover) Sir, let me go home for 15 minutes, I need to pack some clothes.

Bryan: Oh, you might not come back. Promise me you are going to come back. Promise?

Me: Of course and I am not promising to you but to God so that you will be more confident in me coming back.

May I just say I actually longed to end those statements with the truth, "Yes, I am coming back for God and second is because of you."