One Shadow, Two Shadow

FOLLOW

&

COMMENT

&

VOTE

BECAUSE I'M TOO LAZY TO WRITE FUNNY BEGINNING WORDS TODAY. THE IMAGE IS OF KALANLYN. NOT THE CLOTHES. HIS FACE.

~Le Story~

I woke up with a gasp. My lungs burned and I was covered with a cloak. I tried to sit up but got too dizzy and laid back down. "So you are awake." A deep voice said to my left and I turned my head. The man beside me was at least twenty-three-ish with long black hair that brushed his lower back. My mouth dropped open as I caught a glimpse of his ears, which were long and pointy, and his eyes that were a vibrant blue. Oh and his skin which was a grey-ish. "Close your mouth." My mouth closed with an audible pop and we continued to stare at each other.

"Well, I suppose I should thank you, weird male being thing. If it was not for you I would have drowned," I coughed feeling heat rushing my cheeks. "I am Dilynrae but everyone calls me Rae. Who are you, oh magnificent rescuer of mine?"

The strange male looked at me for a long moment. "I am Kalanlyn. I am a Drow, a Dark Elf. As are you, Dilynrae."

"Well, I am sorry to tell you, Kalanlyn. That I am in fact totally human and have been for seventeen years."

"Do you know where you are? Who you are?"

"No and yes. I am Dilynrae. I am sure I told you that."

Kalanlyn rubbed his forehead. "Did your guardian not give you the letter?" I stared at him. "No they did not. You are a Drow, Dilynrae, and you are not just any Drorelle. You are the daughter of Eol and Aredhel. Your mother was one of the most beautiful elleth in the entire kingdom before she went back to live with her people. The fortress of blank still stands. Your father is also still alive."

I stared at him like he was crazy and then heard sticks break. I sprang to my feet quickly as an elf with red hair stepped into the clearing along with a platinum blond haired elf followed. I backed up a little, when the blond smiled at me. "You are awake! You were soaked to the bone and half dead!"

I glanced at Kalanlyn who was getting to his feet, not sure how to respond. "Yes... Thank you..." I said cautiously.

"We need to train you," Kalanlyn said.

"She just woke up, plus she looks-" The red head started skeptically but did not finish as Kalanlyn lunged at me. I quickly evaded him by going under his legs.

 I quickly evaded him by going under his legs