Chapter 15

When night finally fell over the already dark forest, you and Loki curled up on one of the beds and Loki put a protective arm around you. 

He seemed a little off for the rest of that day.  Distent and slightly worried it seemed.  He shouldn't be worried. Your plan was full proof, no way SHIELD would find you.

Astrid didn't go to bed, she went outside muttering something about having to harvest while the moon was full.

As you drifted softly to sleep with Loki's arm draped over your waist you thought about how you had ended up here. It all happened so fast. 

Thinking about the sad God beside you, you knew all of it was worth it.  You would keep him safe, and there was no doubt in your mind that he would return the favor.

When morning finally rolled around Loki opened his eyes wearily. He looked down slightly and saw you had rolled over in the night and wrapped your arms around him.

Your eyes where sealed shut and your face was flushed from sleep. Your hair was messy and tangled and a spare few strands hung around your face and framed it perfectly.  He thought you looked beautiful as can be.

He warpped his arms tighter around you. He hated to do it. But it had to be done. A green light slowly converged around you both and then faded and lifted from you as quickly as it had come, gathering above the bed and shooting through the ceiling.

Slowly and hesitantly he leaned down and placed a kiss, so soft you might have imagined it, on your lips.  Your eyes twitched beneath your eyelids and slowly fluttered open.

The first thing you saw was Loki's fond gaze staring down at you. There was a hint of sadness behind these green orbs. What was that doing there?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" You asked him playfully, squinting your eyes.  "I wasn't." He responded, smiling softly and placing a gentle kiss on your forhead.

Your stumach jumped a little, filling up with the, now familiar, feeling of butterflys and you leaned up and kissed him sweetly on his lips.

Thats when someone cleared their throat from behind you. Sh*t. You forgot about the witch. "We are going today, no?" She asked smugly.

You jumpped from the bed and nodded sheepishly while Loki sat up with a facal expression that made you want to punch him.

You gathered your things together (what little things you had) and Astrid put on her cloak and collected her old staff.  You glanced at Loki, who seemed zoned out again, and then exited the house.

"When we leave the boundaries of the fence, you would be wize to stay close by." The witch warned.  You didn't say anything and neither did Loki.

You where walking by his side when you felt a hand grab your wrist and pull you back a little. You let yourself fall behind slightly and you looked at Astrid questioningly.

"Don't let him slip away. Look for him. Dont give up." She uttered before pushing you back ahead. 

What. The. F***!  What is that supposed to mean? None of that makes any sense whatsoever! Who is "he"? Why is he slipping away? What the heck!

Your brain swarmed with questions and you grew quite annoyed with the witch. Couldn't she be just a little more specific? Good Lord!

You decided to brush off what she said and stay focused.  You followed her through the winding paths and over dead fallen trees and listened to the dry leaves crunch under your feet as you walked the seemingly endless trail. 

The sun seemed to be banished by the forest.  It felt murky, if thats a thing, in those damp woods.  The trees whispered and talked to one another as they watched your every move.

A slight chill ran up your spine. Not a chill you get when you're cold or excited, but a chill you get from the hairs on the back of your neck standing up as you feel eyes upon you.

Loki seemed to note your distress.  He walked a little closer to you and weaved his fingers through yours.  You relaxed slightly.  You felt safer with him close to you.

"We are almost at the end of the forest. Prepare." Astrid hissed.  Prepare? What is she even talking abo- Your train of thought was cut off by Loki stopping suddenly, spinning you into his arms and bringing his mouth down on yours in a desperate kiss.

You where a bit shocked at first but quickly recovered and kissed him back, wondering where the hell this came from. Not that you where unhappy about it. In fact it was quite the opposite.

He stopped as suddenly as he started and turned and marched straight froward, leaving you in place wondering wHat ThE heCK!

You slowly brought your arms to your side from where you had lifted them to rest on his shoulders. Why the hell is everyone acting so strange? You thought as you turned to follow them.

You walked a short distance futher before you saw some kind of light.  It looked like the light at the end of the tunnel. You cought up to the Astrid and Loki.

The nearer you got to the end of the forest, the strounger an uneasy feeling in your stumach grew.  You clutched at Loki but he hardly responded. It apeared he had an uneasy feeling aswell.

His face was hard and set. Like he'd made up his mind about something.  You didn't like it one bit. Finally, you reached the line of the forest.

You stepped out and breathed in the clean, not so cursed, air and sighed in relief. But the relief didn't last very long.  Loki stopped in his tracks right when you reached the open field outside of the forest and looked tensed and the witch had a sad look in her eye as she stopped aswell.

A defening silence followed and you stood there,  confused and scared for some reason. "Loki what's goin-"  You tried to ask, but you where cut off when SHIELD agents jumped out of their cover and started pointing guns at you and shouting orders.

"WHAT THE HELL!" You screamed, jumping back and grabbing at Loki in fright. The agents cycled you in and slowly moved forward.  Your mom and dad walked into the cycle, gun and bow at the ready.

You stood there open mouthed...how IN THE ACTUL F*** did they find you? How did they know you where going to be here? Who gave you away?

Loki shook himself out of your grasp and stepped forward. You where scared for everyones life. Your mom's, your dad's, Loki's. Everyones. When Loki did something that shouldn't have shocked you as bad as it did.  He got down on both knees and put his hands out in front of him.

"No..." you breathed. "Let. Her. Go." Your dad commanded, stepping forward, arrow at the ready. You where to stunned to say anything.

Loki smirked and then put on a look of innocence and said, "She's all yours." Turning on his knees slightly, he held out a hand in your direction and made a green glowy light apear around you, pulling it from you. 

You knew it was just light, but he was looking to trick them into thinking you he really had mind controlled you. He gave you a pleading look to go along with it.

You fell to your knees.  Not to play along with whatever he had going, but because you where so shocked and trying to take in everything that had just happened.

Two SHIELD agent came to your side and grabbed you by the shoulders, heaving you to your feet and pulled you off to the side a little. 

If the shock of all that wasnt bad enough, what happened next was even worse. 

Natasha walked up to the old witch, Astrid and crossed her arms, a look of distaste writen all over her face. "This is a new low. Even for you, Mom."

WHAT?!? The witch is your grandmother? Jeez! Ohhhhh and Loki DID do something stupid in the name of love! Or is it in the name of love? Why was the witch being so mysterious? Guys.....you're really in for it.  Good luck!