"It's a great apartment," I looked at him. "In the heart of the town where the neighbourhood is really safe, it's the most demanding one now, you choose the best one for me." I said, watching the pictures.

"Riya-"

"I know it's your board meeting within days, It must have been difficult for you to bring it up, But it's time we talk this out," I said before getting up and walking to the balcony.

Cold wind blew and it was soothing for me, I looked outside, at the thousands of lights around us.

Neev followed me to the balcony and came near me; both of us were looking far ahead.

"That's right, we need to sort out things," he said, handing me a bottle of beer.

"I... I am not in a mood to-"

He pushed the bottle to my hand and started to open his.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked, looking at him Sideways.

He was looking far ahead. "About the apartment, I told them to find one when...when we made the deal at the beginning," he said. "And to be frank, I totally forgot about it, It's some time back-"

"I know you are already going through a tough time in the company, I don't want to give you a hard time too, Let's talk about that deal we made," I said slowly turning to him. "Tell me...when are we going to... part?" I looked at him.

I don't know from where the words keep on coming, the words I don't mean at all, I just want to appear strong, I guess.

Nivin looked straight back, a glint of anger in his eyes.

"You look so okay with the deal," he stated, looking in my eyes and I didn't turn away.

"Okay then, since we need to clear everything, we can't delay this anymore," he said.

My heart practically freezes. "Even though we are going to part, I can't announce our break up until everything is stable," he added.

"How long will you need?" I asked, now taking my beer bottle, I think I will need it after all.

"I am not sure...maybe six more months? 1 year?" he looked at me.

"We can't do that! our deal was for this month," I said, now taking a sip.

If we are going to part, I don't want to drag it anymore, the lesser the time, the better, Or I know, I would lose my sanity too.

"Okay," Nivin nodded, his eyes darkening.

"Ok, just tell your lawyer to draw up the divorce papers, it will take time to process everything anyway," I said.

Nivin's eye's snapped to me. I know it too, that I have just said that word, the word we both have been carefully avoiding all these time-Divorce.

But there is no hiding it anymore, I want to face everything, it's time I stop running away and deal with my problems.

"And don't worry about the house, I will look into it myself. when the time comes, I will leave," I added, taking another sip.

I want to leave the same way I came here, empty handed.

If there's anything I want to take, It's you...And I know, I can't do that.

No, I am not planning to stay anywhere near him when I leave because I know, I could never deal with it, I could never forget him or move on.

I can't stay at the same town as him, or I am afraid, I might forget all my self-respect and run back to him.