police car's and cuddles

Start from the beginning

"shhh," i said, my eyes welling up at the sight of her, "breathe baby. an officer told me what happened. i'm right here."

she broke down into a puddle of tears again, my reassuring words not calming her terrified state. i brushed my thumb along the back of her hand, watching as the paramedic that allowed me on stood her other side.

her brows furrowed in concern, her fingers gently rubbing against her jaw. she then looked up at me as the guy draped a blanket over her shaking frame, "her jaw isn't broken, but she definitely will be sore for at least a week or two."

i frowned, glancing down at her to see she was already looking at me, "okay."

"i have some pain meds here, i'll leave them with you," she handed me the small bottle of pills, "once every morning and night until the bottle runs out, then get more only if needed."

i nodded. she took my silence as an opportunity to continue, "she may experience dizziness and nausea. all of those symptoms are normal, as she may have a minor concussion."

i nodded again, "okay."

"her parents are inside being examined by other paramedics, nothing serious though," she said, "if she vomits or passes out, then i would seek medical attention, but until then, she should be fine."

"shawn-" she hiccuped again.

"hey," i brushed my fingers along her cheek bone, "i'm here. let's get you inside, okay?"

she weakly nodded her head, and i scooped her into my arms. she whimpered, and i kissed her temple. i stepped out of the ambulance carefully, the proceeding towards the front door. when i entered, she shuffled out of my arms.

i kept my hold on her, not wanting her to stumble.

she tackled her mother in a hug, and they held each other tight, "sweetie, you didn't have to jump in front of me like that!" her mother was weeping, and her father rubbed her shoulder.

"i c-couldn't l-let them h-hurt you," brylie replied weakly.

they pulled away and brylie looked at me, "stay. please s-stay the night."

i nodded immediately, "of course i will."

after the last paramedic left, and brylie said a final goodnight to her parents, i helped her up to her room. upon arriving, she slumped onto the bed. she winced, and i frowned again.

i crawled in next to her and gently maneuvered her so she was curled against my side. she instantly took my shirt into her fist, the material tightening against my skin.

there was so much i wanted to know, but i knew now wasn't a good time.

"i-i love you," she croaked, pulling me from my thoughts, "i woke up and heard mom and dad yelling. i went down and he grabbed me and then he hit me, i-i got knocked out and all i wanted to do was protect mom and d-dad."

"oh sweetie," i brushed away a piece of hair off her forehead, " i love you too, so, so much."

"did the sirens wake you?"

"yeah," i nodded, "i had to argue with an officer before he let me go to the ambulance."

"my head hurts," she mumbled.

"i know," i said, "it will. i have pills for you to take starting tomorrow."

she sniffled, and i realized she was crying. i instantly hugged her tighter, pressing my lips to her temple. i rocked her slightly, "god, i-i was so scared."

"i know, baby, i know you were. i'm so happy that you are all okay, i don't know what i would have done if anything bad happened to you," i cooed, kissing her head repeatedly, "go to sleep, okay? i'm staying right here the whole time."

"promise?" i knew she was fighting off sleep.

"i promise," i confirmed, nodding though she couldn't see me through the dark.

"i love you," she said again, her voice still breaking.

"goodnight sleepy," i whispered, "i love you too."

wc: 1261

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- therapy |s.m|