forever and always, my love

shawn mendes imagines
imagine xliii
-
stella's pov

shawn's hand held mine tightly, our fingers tangled together. he tugged me eagerly down the beach, the only sound heard being our laughter and the waves crashing against the sand. i smiled at him, admiring the grin that adorned his face. he stopped walking and i snaked my arms around his waist, pulling his chest to mine in a hug.

he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head, letting his lips linger against my skin. a tingling sensation made the skin of my cheeks blush crimson. despite being together for years, i still get butterflies when he kisses me.

he pulled away, gazing into my eyes. i ran my fingers through his, then along his jaw and arms. his muscle tightened under my touch, causing a chuckle to slip past his lips.

whawn and i had been together since we were seventeen, now being twenty four. i could easily say i was in love with him, as he was with me.  he told me how much i meant to him all the time, sneaking kisses and cuddles whenever he seen the chance to.

"i love you," i whispered, feeling shawn rub my back gently.

"i am pretty loveable, aren't i?" shawn replied smugly.

i playfully smacked his arm, "shut up."

"you know i love you too, gorgeous," shawn replied, his voice almost raspy.

he pulled away completely, joining hands again and continuing to walk.

it was late, the dark sky spotted with bright stars. the moon was also shining brightly, casting a glow down on shawn and i. he looked tense, his jaw and eyes set on nothing in particular.

"you okay, babe?" i asked, trailing my hand to his upper arm.

he quickly smiled, "fine."

he stopped again, so abruptly that i stumbled. i furrowed my brows, looking up at him. he maneuvered himself in front of me, capturing my hand from his arm and holding them in his own.

"what's going on? something's wrong," i watched as his brown orbs eyes glinted against the moonlight.

"stella," shawn said, his voice barely audible. i gasped, suddenly knowing what was going on. i tore my hands from his grip, covering my mouth with my hands.

he chuckled meekly, reaching out for me again, "babe, i haven't said anything yet."

i was frozen on my spot in the sand, my eyes locked on his.

"i loveyou, and even though i know that you know i do, i want to say it until my lungs give out. we have been together through the craziness of my career, and you have supported me the whole time," shawn choked up, "i am so thankful for you, and for all that you do. we have had up's and downs, but we worked through them. i never want to go through life without you. i need you by my side. i want to spend the rest of my life with you, and i don't want to waste time." he lowered himself down onto one knee, and i sobbed.

i lowered myself to my knees and wrapped my arms around his shoulders, crying against his neck. he laughed, "honey." he pried me away from him, and pulled a black velvet box from his pocket.

"stella, will you marry me?" he asked, causing me to cover my entire face and turn away. i didn't want to think i was turning him down, so I faced him again. he flicked open the box, revealing a gorgeous diamond ring.

"o-oh god," i hiccuped, "shawn, i - yeah. yes. i-i love you."

he smiled, taking the ring from the box and grabbing my left hand. he slid it onto my trembling finger and stood up, taking me with him. he tucked the box back into the pocket.

i tangled my fingers into his hair and his hand tracked he line of my jaw. i cried again, and he quickly silenced me with a kiss. i kissed him back, his hands moving to my hips to pull our chests together. i held his neck, focused on nothing else but the feeling of his lips on mine.

"i-i love you," i croaked out again, "i had no idea. y-you-"

"stop talking and kiss me," he said, pulling me back into his embrace.

his breath trailed along my forehead, before he kissed me again. i sighed contently, pulling away and staring into his eyes. he smiled softly, his lips meeting my forehead.

"i'm so happy," i mumbled, looking up at him.

"i'm glad, i told you i was out with the guys the other day but aaliyah and i went to get a ring," shawn laughed.

"i can see you in a jewelry shop right now," i giggled, earning a playfully offended look from shawn, "did you have any idea as to what you were doing?"

he grabbed my waist and spun me around, causing me to squeal.

"if you must know, i was totally clueless. if aaliyah wasn't there, i would have made the biggest fool out of myself," shawn said, a blush tinting his cheeks even through the dark.

i tossed my head back, laughing.

shawn swiped away a dried tear from my cheek, lacing our hands and beginning to head back towards the car.

i was still on cloud nine, beyond happy with the turnout of events that happened tonight. i had no idea what he was planning, and it came as a huge surprise.

"i love you," shawn muttered.

"forever?" i asked, looking up at him, "will you love me forever?"

"forever and always, my love."

wc: 949

all works by me:
- shawn mendes imagines
- therapy |s.m|