police car's and cuddles

shawn mendes imagines
imagine xlv
-
shawn's pov

at first i thought i was dreaming.

but once i realized i was fully awake and still heard sirens, i furrowed my brows. i tried to ignore them, but they got closer and louder.

curious, i got out of bed and went to my window, stumbling through the darkness of my room. the sirens continued to grow louder, and i seen the red and blue flashing lights get closer until the speeding car pulled up my street.

my eyes were glued to the police car that flew by my house, and my heart stopped when i realized that it pulled into the driveway of the house across the street; my girlfriends house.

"fuck," i swore quietly as i ran to my closet and grabbed my sweater, pulling it over my head.

i grabbed my phone and ran out of my room, seeing mom, dad, and aaliyah all coming from their rooms.

"what's going on?" mom asked when she seen my expression.

"the cops just pulled up at brylie's house," i said as i ran down the stairs.

i pulled on my shoes, ignoring my their calls to stop, and swung the door open. as i went to run off my porch, something caught my attention. with it's sirens blaring, an ambulance pulled in beside the cop car and paramedics got out of the back, rushing inside with bags slung over their shoulders.

"oh my god," i muttered as i ran across the street.

a policeman seen me coming and put his arm out, preventing me from going any further.

"sir you can't go in there, this scene is under investigation," the cop said sternly, "you must leave." over his shoulder, i seen two police come out with a guy in cuffs.

what the hell?

"'my girlfriend lives here, i need to know if she is okay or not! what happened?" i asked, my hands clenching into fists, "who the hell was that?"

the officer sighed. "there was a break in. a young girl, who i assume is your girlfriend, was struck by the intruder. she got knocked out, but is conscious now and will be examined by the paramedics."

i sighed, my heart plummeting. a figure stepped out of their house, and i realized that it was a paramedic with brylie in their arms.

"please," my voice broke, "she's right there, I need to see her!" i tried to be patient, but the officer made it extremely hard.

"i don't usually let people do this," he sighed, "but i can tell how much she means to you. follow me." as we passed the cop car, i glared at the man who sat in the backseat.

"i've got this young girls boyfriend, can you make an exception and let him in?" the officer asked one of the paramedics in the vehicle.

"i guess so," the girl nodded, "come in."

i stepped inside and my eyes landed on brylie, who was moaning and writhing in pain on the stretcher. she was crying, her eyes screwed shut as another paramedic moved her jaw around slowly.

i crouched down next to the stretcher, startling her. her eyes flew open, and her droopy eyes flashed in recognition. she yelped, and the male pulled his arms away from her face.

"s-shawn-" she mewed, desperately trying to get ahold of me, "t-the man, he- he tried. it hurts." she was rushing her words, more tears dampening her cheeks.