Vlad Plasmius and Danny Phantom

Vlad had headed straight home after giving that book to the young man, it made him slightly nervous that he had not only met one of his fans but he had also given his number to said fan, who for all he knew could've been a minor.

So Vlad was nervous, he was nervous because he had made a decision without taking any time to think it through, he was sure he would come to regret this when the young man called.

However Vlad wasn't expecting him to call so soon, he thought maybe it would take a few days before Danny noticed the note, or built up the courage to dial, but he was wrong the young man called close to an hour after he left the bookstore and he found himself staring at his vibrating phone, deciding whether or not to pick the phone up.

Consequences be damned, he quickly rescued the phone from buzzing it's way off of his desk.

"Hello?" He asked innocently into the phone. The line was silent for some time after he spoke, and he thought maybe he was too late and the call had dropped.

A quick rustle and a cough, brought to his attention that there was indeed someone on the other end of the line, "Um, h-hello. Is this...is this Vlad Plasmius?" Vlad chuckled at the familiar voice.

"It is indeed, I see you have acquired my number, what is it that you wish to hear from me?

"W-well. I, um-didn't know if this was a real number or not. So, uh yeah." He dished out lamely and Vlad held back a snort.

"Your name?"

Danny sputtered for a second before supplying weakly, "Danny, Danny Fenton."

Vlad froze, he had heard that name before, 'Fenton', but from where.

It couldn't be. No.

Be it just his luck that he takes a liking to a Fenton, especially the son of the bumbling idiot he calls a rival.

"I see." He spoke slowly, attempting to decide what on earth he was going to do about this unexpected and unfortunate situation. "Would you like to accompany me for lunch tomorrow?"

Danny gasped audibly into the phone, "Of course!"

Vlad smiled, "Then please meet me near the coffee shop tomorrow, be there no later than twelve-thirty, and Daniel?"

"Yes?" The young man almost whispered, paying no mind to the full use of his name.

"Don't be surprised." With a click he hung up and hung his head in his hands, he had absolutely no clue what to do now.

...

Danny fretted nervously. He was going to lunch with Vlad Plasmius! He could barely sleep through the night and now as he thought of finally meeting the author, his heart was slamming against his ribcage. He had pulled almost everything from his closet and was currently sitting in the middle of his wrecked room close to frustrated tears.

He quickly dialed Sam's number and waited anxiously for the goth girl to pick up.

"Danny?" Her voice drawled from the other line and Danny perked up immediately.

He put on his most steady voice and spoke up, "I need help." As if suddenly sobered up, Sam informed him quickly that she would be there shortly and ended the call with a click.

It was all of ten minutes before Sam was attempting to break down his bedroom door, "Give me a second."

Danny quickly swung open the door barely able to remain standing as his best friend grasped his cheeks, turning his head from side to side checking for injury. Once she realized there was none she reluctantly pulled back with a frown.