Vlad Masters

Vlad Masters was well known for not only scrabbling his way into the marketplace much like a ghost, but for also miraculously becoming the mayor of Amity Park.

He liked to keep conversations short, and relations shorter. He was a man of many words that he liked to keep to himself. However a part of him thought his words deserved to have a day in the limelight, he became some sort of published author under the name of Vlad Plasmius.

Now these books didn't bring him fame or fortune, but instead offered him refuge from a life he often wanted to escape from. He had very few fans as his books fell blended into the mass of newly published authors. He didn't mind however, they were a paradise still.

He found himself at the door of the bookstore near the center of Amity Park, swaddled in warm winter clothes and arms ready to carry the stacks of books that would become his weekend vacation.

He nodded subtly to the flushed bookkeeper, offering a hand to her as she struggled to gather the books toppling this way and that. She murmured an apology and a gracious 'thank you' returning to her sorting. Vlad made his way through the store, looking carefully over the crisp books and occasionally pulling a book out of it's place and checking the summary with judgeful eyes.

It surprised him when he went to grab a book with a dark green cover and another hand clashed into his. A nervous laugh brought his attention to the person standing to his right. A bright yet timid smile adorned a pale face and it sent a quick flutter to Vlad's heart.

"Uh! You are a fan of his?" The young man asked forcing Vlad out of his stupor.

Gazing down to the book, he realized he was about to take one of his own books, "Of some sort." He replied in a croak.

The younger man flashed a dazzling smile towards Vlad, "He inspired me a lot! He's amazing, isn't he?"

Vlad was at a loss for words, he was meeting someone who supported his books. Who liked him because of the books he wrote and not because of his money, or his title as mayor.

"Yes, indeed he is." He murmured distracted by the other man's locks that seemed to endlessly sprawl across his head in an inky mess.

He blinked, "Pardon?"

"Oh!" Danny said as though he realized he had mumbled the sentence, "I said I wish he'd do a book signing, I definitely want a autograph!" Vlad tilted his head, unsure if the young man recognized him at all.

"Vlad Masters." He said with a chuckle, offering his hand towards the younger man who gawked a bit, it was clear now he had no clue until then that he was speaking with the mayor.

"Uh, Danny. I'm Danny." He awkwardly replied gripping the hand quickly. "Did you want to buy that book?" Vlad decided he wanted to see this kid again, and so he picked up the book and took it to the register. Paying for it quickly, he signed a short note in the front cover, and returned to Danny, who seemed glum that the last book was being taken. He nudged the thick book into the young man's hands before quickly taking his leave before Danny had the chance to protest.