Yura (with a little help from Izaya) vs Gouki

Gouki and Yura eyed each other with challenging looks. There was silence for a brief moment until Yura spoke, "Gouki, the Soul-eating demon," Gouki smirked, "hmph! So you've heard of me!" Yura smirked, a smile that was identical of Izaya's. "Why, of course....it's not everyday you come across a demon with high potential, however you are also known for your annoying boasts and overconfidence." Gouki growled at him," he clearly didn't like the way Yura spoke of him, it was as if he was pathetic. Yura pressed on, "which is by the way, disgraceful."

Gouki yelled, "you take that back, you incompetent!!!!" He charged at Yura with force. Izaya watched, wondering what Yura was planning, due to the calm look on his face. Much to Izaya's surprise, he watched as Yura move in slow, but swift strides. It seemed as if he was appearing and disappearing at each steady step. Gouki suddenly stopped. Yura was nearing at him, he was keeping pace slow, but when he got close enough to Gouki, he shot out a punch at his opponent with sheer speed. Gouki didn't see it coming, neither did Izaya, who gasped at unexpected movement.

Gouki groaned as he got up, he growled as he faced Yura again. He had an oddly stony look in his eyes. Gouki growled, "who...who do you think you are..." He spat out blood, "to think that you can beat someone as potent as me so easily?!"

Yura smirked, "oh, that's easy! The only reason you think you can win is just by being strong. You don't even come close to Kurama and Hiei's level." Gouki was even more mad. "I'll show you!" He began to change by using his demon energy to power up. Before Izaya's eyes, he became a larger, his skin changed color, his teeth grew larger as his eyes changed to a demonic feature. "He's bigger than he already was!" Izaya exclaimed. "This is what makes Gouki dangerous. But doesn't count as an A-class demon! And the only way to beat him is outsmart him!" Strangely, Izaya didn't even see Yura's mouth move a bit, in fact, he heard what he said.

Izaya's eyes widened into plates as his mouth opened slightly. He thought Yura could sense what he thought, could connect his thoughts to someone else? Whatever it was, Izaya was willing to fight. If Yura thinks this guy was strong, but easily to outwit, he was willing to use his mind to fight.

He watched as Yura kept dodging Gouki's attacks. Izaya made sure to watch their every move.

Yura grunted as he evaded a rather large blast. He jumped from the ground to a nearby tree, he immediately leaping as the branch was destroyed by Gouki's blasts to one tree to another, each getting destroyed by leap, even deflecting a blast of energy back to Gouki. Then he hovered in the air, Gouki threw several blasts at him, dodging each of them. He eyed every corner he could spot to find a weapon when his eyes stopped when he saw a rather large twig.

"Izaya, toss me that twig!" Izaya looked at Yura like he was nuts. He was kidding right?

Gouki laughed, "what a pathetic weapon of choice! What's that frail little gonna do? Stab in the chest?" He taunted. "Yura, even I would have to use my right judgement on this, I wouldn't be so simpleminded as using a little twig as a weapo-"

"Just toss me it!!" Yura demanded, annoyed by the taunting thrown at him. Izaya sighed and tossed him the twig. Yura caught in a second as soon as it neared him, pointing it at Gouki, who continued to mocked and scorn at Yura. Yura focused his demon energy and concentrated intrinsically, chanting something.
Then the twig elongated, the edges became broader wider, it was slowly turning into the lightest steel. The sharp part became thicker and pointier and grew into the size of a knife, below the spear was that a shape hole began to form with an actual gem inside the part.

Seeing this, Izaya was amazed, "he can turn an ordinary object into a weapon?! What kind of demon is he?!" Izaya was more interested in Yura than ever.

Gouki was dumbfounded, "not so frail now, huh?" Yura said, boredly eyeing Gouki. He swung the spear, causing a light-blue energy wave to shoot out from it, hitting a free trees and Gouki quite effectively.

Growling, Gouki was reluctant to admit that he had underestimated Yura. "Amazing...." He panted, "you're incredibly agile....now I see why Hiei and Kurama wanted you to join us." Yura smirked, "sorry, I'd love to, but I do have new job, so tell whoever started this silly band that I'm going to decline their offer." Gouki snarled, "very well, I knew I was the only one with the right judgement to think it was a bad idea to think we could make you join....so, to prove them wrong about you, I'm gonna obliterate you!!!!" He kept throwing Yura blasts after blasts. Izaya almost got caught up in it, good thing he used his parkour abilities to dodge each blast.

Suddenly, Izaya got an idea. "Hey, big and ugly!" Gouki glared at him. "Yeah, you!! You with stupid teeth and dumb face! Even Shizu-chan is better looking than you are!" Izaya taunted. "Izaya!! What the hell are you doing?!?!" Yura was frantic as Izaya provoked Gouki. "I'm gonna gobble you up!!!!" Gouki left Yura and started after Izaya who kept taunting him and leaping away from Gouki. As he was leaping, he gave Yura a wink, immediately signaling Yura to wait for the right moment to strike. Izaya continued leap from various attacks until his ruby eyes made contact with Yura's. Yura was unsure, but he was willing to trust Izaya's intentions. 'Get him from the back once I get to the tree in front of me.'

Yura gasped, he heard Izaya in his mind, telepathically talking to him. He didn't understand....he knew he sense a thought, but he never thought he could hear it from them too! If so, then that must mean-

"Yura!!" He looked up to see Izaya struggle to get away from Gouki as every empty spot on just one part of the forest. Yura shook his head, he focused his mind and demon energy, then unleashed a rather large red wave from the point of his spear, it hit Gouki right in the back, paralyzing him in an instant.

"What?! WHAT?! How can this be?! I am Gouki! A great and powerful demon! How is it possible that I was beaten by weaklings?!" He struggled to get up again, but the attack Yura gave him completely paralyzed his whole back. "I...can't....move...!!!" Yura looked at him with a cold gaze. "That attack won't kill you I promise you, but it will paralyze you for a long time. And as for the innocent people whose souls you've taken-" he kicked Gouki in the head, knocking him out. He took out the glowing shackles and handcuffed Gouki's hands to his back. He took the Orb of Baast with ease from Gouki's bag. He closed his eyes. For a few seconds, every soul, even the children's souls, that was taken was released from the orb, immediately floating back into their bodies.

"Well...that's one item down. Two to go." Izaya declared. "Yeah..." Yura nodded, "by the way, how did you know hitting Gouki from the back was the only way to beat him?" Izaya smirked, "it was simple, really...I noticed how focused he was on beat one opponent down, so when I taunted him, he turned his attention on me, similar to how Shizu-chan would react when people are trying to pick a fight with him. So I thought beating someone who's as unintelligent, but strong as Shizu-chan would have to take brains over brawn." He said confidently. Yura stared at Izaya for a while before he started laughing, "ahaahahaahhahaahah! I knew it was a great choice to have you become Spirit Detective!" Izaya smiled very slightly at Yura. People rarely complimented his abilities, but Yura put his faith in him when everyone else would just disregard him.

"Well, this leaves Hiei and Kurama, but I warn you, Izaya...they are much more intelligent and potent than Gouki was. So we best prepare for it." Izaya looked at him for a moment before nodding.