I'm Not Going Back

Izaya opened his ruby eyes to see buildings positioned in a slightly vertical way. He yelped, realizing that he was looking down at the ground. "Wh-what the hell's going on?" He gasped seeing himself in a still, bloodied way. No no no! Izaya thought, "I'm not supposed to be dead! I am God! Gods are not supposed to die!" He knew he was denying himself even at his own passing, but he couldn't help it! He looked down at the kid, Hikaru, with a slight scratches, nonetheless, he was fine. What a relief! Wait a minute!

Why was he relieved?! It was that kid's fault that he was dead! He should be angry, but for some reason he felt strangely relieved that he had for once thought selflessly. "You should be!" A new voice was heard as Izaya turned around. He made a noise of disbelief as he saw a delicate looking male with shoulder-length, lime-green hair and beautiful blue eyes, smiling at him, he was hovering next to him. He had a red kimono that had green laces.

"Hello~!" He spoke like him, only more in a warmer manner. "Who the hell are you?!" He demanded, giving the strange man a suspicious look. "Well, nice to meet you too, Izaya Orihara! My name is Yura! I'm what you would call a Spirit Guardian!" Izaya snorted in disbelief, "who calls you that? And what is that?" Izaya asked. "A Spirit Guardian is similar to a knight, only we are to travel to different realms and are regularly assigned to special mission!"

"You don't look any special to me! You look like more something out of Christmas decoration than anything. I pity you...." Izaya scoffed, Yura looked at him with disbelief. "Well...given the rude, condescending attitude you're directing at me, you seem to the type of person who wants to know what's going on and doesn't care what anyone else's opinions are. You're lucky you're not the first person I met with that kind of attitude." He pulled out a notebook and flipped the pages. "Let me see....Aah! Here you are! Orihara Izaya, Age 24. Your personality is cold-hearted, nonchalant, carefree, and a huge problem to society!" Izaya glared at him, Yura continued, "Which makes me wonder how a seemingly uncaring man such as yourself would save the life of that little boy you met!". "I don't why.....but for some reason my body moved against my will...." Yura smirked, so Izaya did have a soft side. "well, for someone with a grandiose personality as yours, you don't seem scared that you're dead, considering that you fear death itself!" Izaya rolled his eyes, "well, it doesn't seem as bad as I envisioned it, so I kinda like it!" He wasn't lying for once. If he had been alive, he would be inwardly shaking in fear, but now that he was dead. He didn't feel fear at all, in fact, he felt peace....

On the brighter side of things....

Everyone would rejoice at his passing, Shizuo would be the one who would be the happiest of all.

His sisters would finally meet Yuhei and become a part of Shizuo's family, his parents would be relieved that their 'demon son' was gone.

Namie would be happy and find another job.

Celty would be happy that no more chaos will happen.

Shinra would finally be rid of his worthless friend.

Masaomi and his friends would finally relax.

Simon might give out his respects but he would forget him in a short time.

Yura was reading his thoughts. "You think everyone would rejoice at your passing?" Izaya was surprised, how did he know what he was thinking? "I didn't know, I sensed it. I can sense a thought from the longest distance." Izaya nodded.

"Yeah. Of course they would!" Yura tilted his head, "what about that kid you saved?" Izaya subconsciously blurted out, "is he alright?" Yura smiled and transporting both of them to the hospital.

Hikaru had been crying the entire time that not even his mother could comfort him, staying by the lifeless Izaya's side the entire time. She and his father had just returned their business trips when they heard about what happened to their son and how the dreaded, Orihara Izaya had saved him from getting hit by a car. They thought he was evil, without a care in the world, but he had saved their son's life, for that they were grateful, maybe he wasn't all bad after all. Izaya and Yura arrived at the hospital.

"What do you know? He's alright!" Izaya subconsciously smiled as Yura gave Izaya a warm look. Hikaru looked down. He was bandaged up good. Hikaru's father, Tachibara Eiikichi, asked the doctor, "How's....How's Orihara-kun?" The doctor seemed to satisfied, "Well, since the entire way, Orihara had been unresponsive the whole time. Which makes my conclusion, he's been dead ever since that car hit him. And bless the driver as well!" The parents of Hikaru were shocked by the happiness on the man's face. "How could you say that? He might have ruined other people's lives, but he saved our son's life!" Eiikichi shouted, "Don't you fools see?! This is great day! The dreaded Orihara Izaya is gone!" Yura glared at him too. Izaya just accepted it with a smile until little Hikaru did something.

Hikaru had gotten mad and kicked the man's leg, making him yelp. Satomi held her son's body as she pulled him into her arms, "Hikaru!" The doctor walked away, muttering about them being a crazy family. "Kaa-san..." Hikaru sniveled, "can I play with Orihara-kun?" His mother, Tachibara Satomi, felt her heart tug as her husband slowly shook his head, "son....Orihara-kun is gone, you can't play with him. He's dead...." Hikaru cried harder at his father's answer, "I want him back! I want him play with me!" His mother and father were speechless, they didn't know what to say make their son feel better, "but honey....you have other friends.."

Hikaru grew mad, "but it's not fair!" Although Izaya had been wanting his humans to worship him, he felt as if he didn't deserve it. He had only been saying that humans should love him because he wanted to know what it felt to be loved. His boy was showing it so earnestly that it made Izaya feel strangely unworthy, considering he had never been worthy of anything, especially someone's friendship.

Yura looked at him with concern that made Izaya felt pitied. If there was one thing he hated, it was pity! "Don't you dare pity me!" Yura shook his head, "no, it's not pity I'm concerned about you."

Izaya growled, "I don't need your concern either. I only came here to see how one of my precious humans are doing! So now that I know that he's doing fine, you can go ahead and take me to hell, to which I know I will end up." Yura smiled gently, "Izaya-kun....I'm not here to take you to hell, I'm here to help you." Izaya scoffed, this weirdo was here to help him? To what? "To help you get your life back, of course!" Izaya grimaced, knowing how everyone was going to be disappointed at his return, most especially Shizuo. Nevermind the kid since he was grateful of him for saving his life, but it's just him that will be happy. "Izaya, what you did earlier was single act of heroism. In fact, no one in Spirit World was expecting you to die, and your act of saving that little boy proved that. Which is why I'm going to help pass your ordeal..."

Izaya shook his head.

There's no way he will be welcomed back with open arms. So no! He was never going back.

Yura frowned with concern, "Izaya...." Izaya grimaced in irritation at this guardian's constant worry for him. "Will you please go away?" Yura didn't bulge. "Why don't you and I go around to see your friends and family to see their reactions to your death?" Izaya agreed, "alright...."

He was positive they were happy with his passing. "You'll see...everyone will be happy I'm finally out of their lives." Yura nodded, "alright....if you're sure."

So they all went straight to Izaya's apartment. "Uhh...no one's here!" Izaya floated in the air as he looked around, Namie wasn't there, nor his sisters or parents. He made a grim look, "I told you no one would be here..." Yura sighed, Izaya's body might be in the hospital. "Why don't we go to the hospital and see if your body is there?" Izaya agreed.