Red Moon

Melanie let out a screech, almost like a falcon. She then turned to Lucas, who was shaking with fear. He slid away from Melanie, trying to escape. When he stopped sliding, he realized he was by the window and wall. He couldn't escape. Trapped. He had an expression on his face that was begging. Please, it seemed to say. Please, don't do it. I'm sorry! But the begging face turned to an expression of horror. His eyes widened. Lucas let out a scream when Melanie brought her claw towards Lucas and struck him with her nails. 

Lucas's head hit the window and seemed to be unconscious. His head was turned a lot to the side and his body was very loose. Melanie turned and roared to all of the other teenagers on the bus. The bus driver started to look over her shoulder from the front of the bus. Not another fight! she thought when she hadn't looked, just hearing. A sly smile was on her face when she was still driving. But when she turned a bit, she screeched. The bus driver's face melted, a terrified one in place. Her foot pressed hard on the pedal in fear. Soon, the bus was going fifty miles per hour on a road with a speed limit of thirty. Many students hoped someone wouldn't see Melanie; wouldn't see the how she changed.

Melanie let out one last roar before swiping her arm and smashing the window Lucas's head was against. She climbed out and held on to the top of the bus. Lucas's head hung out the window, bleeding from bis of glass. With one last dreadful action, Melanie grabbed Lucas by the head and pulled him out. She only hung on for a split second, then dropping him on the road.

Suddenly, as if her task had been completed, Melanie disappeared into nothingness. And, with the driver now unconscious, the bus crashed into a retention basin that was nearby. Every person in the bus died by drowning that day. Every single one. 

Melanie found herself in the forest. She had never been in a forest, but everyone knows what one looks like. Trees and shrubs, birds in their nests. That kind of thing.

Melanie was back in human form. But there was something odd. None of her clothes were ripped. And she had no cuts from when she smashed the window. She also seemed fine, no different. She didn't even feel angry anymore.

Suddenly, John Ethel walked up to her. He wore a black long sleeved shirt with blue jeans. His slick black hair complimented his small beard. 

He opened his mouth to speak, but Melanie sputtered, "who are you? Why am I here?! Wha-" she was saying, but was interrupted by Victoria's slap. Melanie held her right cheek, her mouth opened in shock. 

"Shut up!" rasped Victoria. Victoria had just jumped in from, well, nowhere. She wore a pretty black dress, cut off at her shins. It looked like it was made of velvet. Melanie wanted to touch it, but was too busy rubbing the side of her face.

"What did you do that for?" Melanie said, not really looking for an answer. Suddenly, more people appeared. And they all wore black. First, a man and woman appeared. This was Roger and Eleanor Yank, husband and wife. Eleanor wore a shirt with a long skirt while Roger had a long sleeved shirt, like John, but had black jeans. Eleanor also had on a black diamond necklace. Melanie didn't know any of these people. That is, until the Rooks appeared. 

Ella was dressed in dangling onyx earrings that complimented her black dress that stopped at her feet. It ruffled around her, always beautiful. And Mr. Rook wore a black suit with a red tie. 

Even though none of the people there had the same outfit, they all wore a pin with a wolf eye. A blue wolf eye. It shone in the moonlight.  

Melanie rushed up to Ella. "Ella! Please tell me what's going on!" she begged. Ella sighed. She couldn't tell. That was John's job.

"Melanie, I know you turned into a werewolf today. I also know you know Ella's secret." He turned to Ella, giving her a look. Ella sighed again. Her face was very pale tonight, and something told Melanie it wasn't powder. 

"Melanie, you are really one of us," Ella whispered loudly so everyone in the pack could hear. John handed Ella something. Ella took it and walked closer to Melanie. She stopped when she was only a few inches away. She opened up her palm. It was the pin, with the blue wolf eye. Suddenly, the clouds parted. The moon was showing, which was red. 

John added, "a red moon gives the pack a chance to get rid of a member, but replace it." Melanie now noticed Ella wasn't wearing her pin. 

A tear trickled down Ella's face. "Put this on," she whispered, this time only so Melanie could hear. "I can't be a werewolf anymore. Ms. Month knows!" More tears ran down.

Melanie's face looked sad. Not because she was going to be a werewolf, but because she told Ms. Month. It was all her fault Ella wouldn't be happy. 

Ella sniffed. "Hurry. The red moon won't shine for long!"

Melanie refused. "No! You should be happy! You should be with your family! You should be with your friend. With me."

Ella sighed. "It's okay, Melanie. I won't forget John, or my dad. Or you."

Melanie pinned the wolf eye on her shirt, which was now black. Once she did, Ella disappeared. "Goodbye," was her last sentence.