Video Para

Suddenly, Ella woke up. She was in her bed. Human form. Was it all a dream? she asked herself. Ella got dressed and came downstairs to eat. She saw her father making eggs. Again. 

"Father," she started, walking towards him. He turned around, smiling. His hand was gripped to the handle of the pan of scrambled eggs. 

"Morning!" he said, off topic. "Oh, yeah?" he asked, remembering what Ella had just asked.

Ella looked him right in the eye, serious. "Did we go to the river last night? And John dove in the water as a wolf? And came out as a human?"

Mr. Rook dropped the smile that he had been wearing before. "Yes," he answered softly. "Yes, " he repeated.

Ella wondered something, then asked her father her question. "Father, I don't remember anything after John came out of the water last night! I now just woke up and, well.." she wailed, not needing to finish her sentence. 

Mr. Rook nodded understandingly. "John Ethel told us that the river," he started, scooping eggs into a plate and handing it to Ella. He then filled another plate for him. "Gives you more powerful magic."

Ella raised an eyebrow. "So it gives you more magic points?" she guessed, stabbing some eggs with her fork. She started to eat, standing there in the kitchen. 

Mr. Rook shook his head. "You have the same amount of magic, but it is more powerful," he explained, about to take a bite of his breakfast. "It's hard to tell you. You'll just have to see for yourself." He swallowed his eggs, then closed his eyes. He was sending John a message telling him to send Ella a video para of an example of this powerful magic, for John was the one to go in the river.

About five minutes later, everything for Ella went black. But then, John appeared as if he was in front of her. Standing in the kitchen. He raised a finger and suddenly, the sink turned on. The hose part lifted from the side and sprayed, making a rainbow. Ella laughed. Mr. Rook smiled, knowing she had gotten John Ethel's video para. Then, John snapped his fingers. The refrigerator in the back left corner of the clean kitchen rose immediately. It then disappeared into thin air. 

John spoke. "And my magic points only went down my one!" he exclaimed, a clever smile on his face. Ella gasped. That's impossible! she thought to herself. 

All of the sudden, the real kitchen was in front of Ella, the one she had been standing in the whole time. The video para was over.