••• Thirty •••

Start from the beginning

As Natalia walks over to me, Opal AIDS me in stepping into the masterpiece of the dress, helping me pull it up over my bust and helping my arms slide through. "Gorgeous," Opal comments, heading to the side, finding the small place to lace it up, unnoticeable just like a tiny zipper. Tuning me back to the central mirror, my jaw drops and my fingers run across the material of the dress I wear. It is beautiful just like they said.

The wedding dress is a masterpiece, the sleeves a delicate pattern of lace, cutting off right at my wrists, the bust of the dress a sloping v as it puts on display my collarbones and only a small amount of cleavage can be seen. The fabric is snug until it reaches mid-thigh where it has a gentle mermaid look to it, the dress becoming more flowing as the ends that sweep the floor have a embroidery pattern that runs to the back where the train is two yards, beautiful as I turn around. The back is cut out and replaced with mesh and the same pattern of embroidery running right along my spinal cord location, my body shown off in the dress as it still keeps a traditional look with a contemporary twist. Cher made a masterpiece and I could not be more happy. Looking to Natalia, I see her pulling out the white pumps I am to wear, five inches as I am good with the height. As I sit down, she comes over, the shoes sliding on perfectly as Opal grabs my veil. Taking in a deep breath, the veil is placed upon my head, the white veil in the back reaching my waist, the front of it just brushing where the fabric covers my breasts, the ends of the veil holding the same embroidery as my dress.

"You are ready to be wed," Natalia whispers, looking to my entire look as she claps her hands and Opal holds a warm smile. Natalia wears a navy dress, no surprise that the colors have changed and have become white, silver, and navy. Taking in a deep breath, I see how the time has passed, how the lobby outside is silent, and the wedding is to begin. With Natalia opening the door of the dressing room, the lobby empty as we enter, and a set of white wooden double doors shut with the ceremony behind the doors, I let out a shaky breath. No one is here to walk me down the isle, I couldn't think of anyone like a father figure to me that could do that.

Natalia hands me the flowers to be held as I walk down the isle, the set of white roses tied together with a navy ribbon beautiful as I take them into my hands. Opal fixes the train of my dress, getting it ready to walk down the isle to meet Nixon. As Natalia smiles at me and nods, I nod back, thanking Opal as the music begins to play and I shut my eyes tightly for a quick second. Opening my eyes, I straighten my posture and hold my head high, nodding as the doors open slowly to reveal the room before me.

A girl from Crimson Lock goes before me as she has been awaiting my arrival, her navy dress fit for a child as she cannot be more than five. The isle holds a navy carpet with silver embroidery that leads up to the stairs to where Nixon stands, watching me. Eyes are all upon me as I walk in, the audience rising to their feet from white marble pews, the room surrounded by long and narrow windows that allow the sunlight to flood the room, the ceiling holding twelve different chandeliers and where Nixon stands beside a priest, there's an assortment of white and navy flowers, creating a picture-perfect setting.

Nixon awaits me, a smile upon his face as my eyes meet his. By the time I walk up the three steps to stand beside him, he takes my hands in his, the ceremony beginning as the priest begins. The priest is from Nixon's pack, talking about the Moon Goddess and tradition. The entire time my eyes are locked on Nixon, taking in the moment as I know what we are experiencing at this moment is actually pure joy. This is somehow pure joy, something we have not experienced for quite a long time.

"Do you, Nixon Maxwell, take Lily Kippers, to love and protect, to cherish, to take for better or for worse, to uphold the traditions that our creator has set in place for your marriage to flourish, and to stand by until Selene allows your soul to go beyond this world?" It's a different kind of vow, but this is a wedding where wolves attend and I am marrying one as well.