••• Fourty-Six •••

"How the fuck could you keep that from me?"

Elijah looks over to me, surprised I have broken the near two hours of silence as the car has been filled with a dreaded silence as my heart aches. My head leaning against the window, I watch the trees pass by as the car drives further into the green fields as the road becomes loose gravel. With every bump in the road, I can feel the pains in my stomach sharply jolt at my insides as my cheeks are dried with my salty tears. For the past two hours my mind has been numb, those navy eyes flashing through my mind as I cannot understand why fate could be so unfair and cruel to me.

"I was informed by the witch we are meeting, she told me just before you took off."

"Bullshit," I snap, glaring at Elijah as I want to rip out my hair, to scream, to destroy the world Zion build for himself with power and wealth. "You have known longer than that, Elijah, men like you always keep something from people like me."

"People like you?"

"People like me or like Sybil. People who are seen as week compared to this ego you have built around yourself of some powerful alpha male who only needs a shy and innocent woman for your ego to be built up. People like Sybil and me who were consumed in a world unlike what we could have expected to be swept into without a say. Nixon did the same thing until he realized I was a force worth reckoning. To you, Elijah, you still see me as innocent. Besides, being a human, a woman, a mother, and thrown into the position of Alpha of Crimson Lock, all those things seem to make you see me as someone who only needs to know big plot twists when you think it is time," I inform, my voice stern as I can feel my fists clench, my nails digging into the palm of my hands as I want to do nothing but land a fist into his clenched jaw. "The Alpha of Crimson Lock is a human female...that is quite the news to you and you see that as a chance to use me in this battle."

"You want to be in this war," Elijah points out.

"I know that. I want to be in this war, do not get me wrong, because I want to see the world Zion created crumble before his eyes, but you still do not see that as enough reason to inform me of news when you hear it too." I know what Elijah plans here, I know that he thinks one of us will not make it out of this war, either by fate or by our own undoing. If Elijah does not come to see me as a force to reckon with, then he may one day turn on me and try to establish the new government for himself. Hell, he can take control of organizing the new government if we win, setting in stone laws and territories, for I would rather be at home with my daughter, but Elijah does not believe this.

Silence floods the car again as I spot a mansion covered by a thick layer of trees, the house looking old as it seems more like a small castle than regular big house. "I should have you know, Lily, that Zion used the company of Fiona to bring Sybil back."

The witch who did something I never thought possible brought back the lover of a man I want dead. It is unfair, for someone who did not deserve the life of his lover to return back to him...for him to have her back after everything he did to me, to Nixon, to even his wife, and to his kingdom. Could she bring Nixon back? No doubt Zion paid a price too high for me to offer the witch.

"How did he do it?" I ask, my voice scratchy as I want to let go of my emotions, to not feel this pain in my heart that the news has caused me to feel.

Facing me, Elijah looks into my shallow eyes, knowing that the pain I feel right now will not go away...perhaps ever. "The darkest form of magic possible. Fiona's coven has been known for their use of dark magic and the curse Zion's ancestors placed on them centuries ago. Fiona knocked on the devil's door and stole Sybil's soul back, Zion promising Fiona to lift the curse."

"And he did not lift the curse. I assume that is why she is willing to work with us?" Elijah nods in response, the car pulling into the driveway. "And where are Zion and Sybil now?"