Chapter 5

Sorry I haven't been doing much with this one recently.  I've been busy and haven't had any motivation.  Truthfully, I have up to chapter 17 written; I just haven't had the time to type it all up yet.  So I'm trying to get on it and bring you more of this story. :)  Anywhoodles, enjoy chappie 5!

<3  Ari

_____________________

Ch. 5

The realization hit me harder than a sack of bricks to the face.  I knew what they capable of, I had from the start, but they’d never outright threatened to kill me.  Even then they only alluded to it, but it was perfectly obvious what they had in store if things didn’t go their way.  The idea came as a shock.  I mean, I was only seventeen.  There were so many things I hadn’t done, so much I hadn’t experienced.  I’d never graduate high school, let alone college.  I’d never see my family again.  I’d never kiss a boy, or get married, or have children.  All of that would be ripped away from me — along with my throat, now that I thought about it.

I took a deep breath and let it out with a barely audible whimper.  But barely audible to me was loud enough for the vampires. 

The door swung open before I could comprehend what happened.  In a flash of untraceable movement, Tyrant seized my collar and pulled me to him so we were nose-to-nose.  I froze, eyes wide.  Being too close to Tyrant is like being too close to an unstable nuclear bomb — you never know when it’ll blow up and kill everyone.  It scared the crap out of me.  Then again, everything he did scared the crap out of me, so I guess it scared me more than usual.

“Logan, you aren’t helping yourself. Lucky for you, I’ve already contacted Allison’s family. They expect you back soon, and I will be personally delivering you both to them. However, there are a few things we need to set straight,” said Tyrant, speaking softly in my ear.  I didn’t dare look at him, so my gaze soared over his shoulder, locking itself onto the hallway wall. 

“You will stick to the story I provide and never tell anyone what actually happened. Jaz will be following you on occasion, and you will not alert anyone of this.” Tyrant pulled a few things out of his pocket.  One I recognized as my cell phone, which I stupidly hadn’t realized was missing until that moment.  The others were folded pieces of paper; upon closer inspection, two photographs.  He unfolded them, revealing the stoic face of the man who’d fought Jaz in the parking lot.  The picture looked recent, and since the man wasn’t looking at the camera, I guessed that Tyrant had someone spy on him.  The other photo was black and white, and worn with age.  It featured the same man, but he was smiling, possibly laughing.  But he wasn’t alone.  Tyrant stood with him, just as happy.  I never thought I’d see the crazed kidnapper truly smiling.  All the grins I’d seen were either fakes or smirks.  The one in the photo could have been faked as well, but a light in his eyes told me it had been real.  It made me even more curious about my mysterious savior.

“If you see this man, contact me directly. My number is in your contacts. Don’t bother deleting it; I’ll be checking up on you frequently in any case.” The blonde man handed me the phone and the photos.  To my dismay, my cell battery had died.

“Jaz, get Miss Cromwell. I’ll put Logan to sleep,” said Tyrant.  Our eyes met, and I hit the floor.

_______________

“Wake up.”

My eyes shot open.  I found myself in the backseat of a police car.  Allison sat next to me, apparently wide-awake.  Tyrant stared at us from the driver’s seat, his gaze still just menacing with the thick black mesh hindering it.  I swallowed hard as a wave of nauseating pain washed over me.  My head throbbed where it had hit the concrete floor.  I bit my inner lip and tried to conceal the pain I was in, determined not to exhibit any sign of weakness around this freak.  If I did, he’d certainly find a way to use it to get into my head, and that was an unpleasant thought, to say the least.