I purse my lips. "I don't know what you're talking about, blondie." 

Her lips quirk up. "Oh really?"  

"What's going on here?" Trisha is completely confused.  

Stacy has a devilish smile on her face. "Lissa and James were playing together." 

"We were not!" I shouted childishly.  

"Why are you wearing his shirt?"  

Dammit.  

A blush blooms across my face and I duck my head. Trisha and Stacy burst out laughing.  

I roll my eyes and turn to the guys. "Did you guys hear that howl?"  

Phoenix doesn't glance up from the game. "No." 

Connor doesn't say a word; too entranced in the world of slaughtering the living dead.  

"Are you guys sure? I could've sworn I just heard a wolf's howl coming from the forest. Did anyone go out for a run?"  

Connor looked up for a second and it cost him. Blood splattered across the screen of the video game and in dripping block letters it read 'You're Dead'. 

Phoenix whooped out in victory at the same time Connor smashed his controller to the ground, breaking it into pieces. He spoke some very colorful words and then told Phoenix he wanted a rematch. But before they started the game again, Connor turned to me with a glare.  

"You. Outside. Now." 

"What?" I asked, flabbergasted.  

He shook his head to show he wasn't listening to me. "You made me lose and now you can't come back in until I win." 

"You can't kick me out!" I protested. "It's raining out there!" 

Stacy looked up from her magazine. "It's game rules, Lissa. Get out." 

Trisha agreed and I had the sudden urge to punch her.  

Connor steered me to the door and pushed me out.  

"To hell with your game rules!" I shouted at the now closed door.  

Turning around, I cursed Connor as the rain pelted me. The sky was dark, the wind pushing on. Black birds soared in the sky. The long wet grass tickled my legs.  

The one time I'm outside, everyone is inside. Figures.  

"Hello."  

I literally jump out of my skin. I turn around and my mouth dries up as I gape.  

Turns out someone is outside in the rain. A certain good looking someone.  

And I'm not talking about James.  

I mumble some incoherent type of hello that I'm sure sounded stupid. Is this how it feels to be completely speechless around someone totally attractive? Because I feel pretty ugly right now.  

"Enjoying the rain?" I randomly said. I am so stupid.  

His lips quirked. Damn! My insides went all gooey.  

"I'm enjoying it just as much as you are." 

Ah, shit. I'm soaked to the bone with rain. I swipe my wet, tangled hair away and try to look nonchalant. "Oh, yeah. It's nice. Feels good to get wet." 

Feels good to get wet? WTF?  

Pretty boy smirked. "What is your name?"  

"Lissa." Thank god I didn't say something stupid and name myself Pineapple.  

"A beautiful name for a beautiful girl." Where have I heard that before? "My name is Griffin." 

Griffin sounds effing hot. I don't know why, but an image pops into my mind: Me screaming out Griffin's name during sex. 

I am unbelievable. Shame fills me. Why would I think about having sex with Griffin? I have a mate! A wonderfully tall, hot, remarkable mate.  

Besides, I didn't know anything about Griffin other than the fact that he looked amazingly desirable and that his name was Griffin.  

"Lissa?"  

I snap out of my daze. "Yeah?"  

"Would you like to go for a walk?"  

A walk? Where? The forest? Wait a second, was he the one that howled? Was he even a wolf? I've never seen this dude before. But, then again, I haven't met every pack member.  

"Do I know you?" I ask him.  

He chuckles. "No. I suppose you don't. But I know you, Lissa." 

Way to sound ominous.  

"Are you human?" There. That should be simple enough. If he doesn't know what I'm talking about, then he's definitely human.  

"No."  

Crap. Wasn't expecting that. Suddenly, I wish James was by my side. He made me feel safe.  

"Are you...a part of this pack?"  

He looked out to the forest. We were both drenched in water from the rain. While I felt my clothes sticking to me weirdly and my bare feet covered in dirt, Griffin looked absolutely irresistible. A droplet of water fell from a lock of his dark hair and it slowly slipped down his face, stopping at his lips. His tongue darted out, catching the drop of water. I couldn't stop staring and it was as if he knew that.  

"Would you like to go for a walk?" He asks again.  

Slowly, I nod my head and with a cryptic smile, he drifts off into the forest. I follow.  

I walk behind him for a few moments and analyze my thoughts.  

I get sent outside into the pouring rain because I made Connor lose his game. Then I meet the ever intriguing Griffin and find myself wanting him. His messy black hair is sharp yet curly. Like he just woke up. I love that look on a boy. He wears low dark jeans that bring my gaze to his narrow hips. His black tee is worn out but looks so good on him.  

But what really catches all my attention is his face. There's a mystery behind it. His eyes are a captivating stormy color that is almost hard to describe. His lips hold secrets you yearn to know. There's something about him and you can't help but feel the pull. The pull to go to him.  

I catch up to his side and peek at him out of the corner of my vision. There's another thing I can add behind his mysteriousness: His expressions. It's impossible to tell what he's thinking or what emotions he has.  

It's like he has nothing on display except his looks. And he looks so damn good.  

"Where are we going?" I ask him. The trees help lessen the rain, but it's darker in the forest. I feel like there's something else here or like someone's following us.  

Griffin watched me with those secretive eyes and I found myself watching him back. We walked while staring at each other. I was completely lost in his eyes. I don't know about him, but I could go for a kiss right about now. But I won't. Because I have a mate and I would never kiss anyone but him from now on.  

Finding it very hard to, I broke the staring contest and looked straight ahead. Just me and a possible new friend going on a walk in the dark forest in the rain. Nothing more.  

"Hey, Grif-" I turn to to him but he's gone. "Griffin?" I spin around and do a full circle.  

Griffin is nowhere in sight.

•••••••••••••••••••••

FAN, VOTE, COMMENT!