chapter three

she got into her car and drove to work, wondering why such a boy like michael would even bother talking to her. she was an outcast, she didn't belong.

and then it hit her.

he probably hears me at night.

god the walls were so thin and she could always hear him when he hurt himself and cursed loudly, which she sometimes laughed at.

but this wasn't okay. he couldn't know that she cried, he couldn't know that she-- he just couldn't.

she shook those thoughts away as she walked to her job- a coffee shop. it was quaint and small but she liked it there.

as hours passed and people came in and out, it was finally time for her shift to be over. she took her apron off and hung it away, finding her keys and driving home.

she tapped her finger on the wheel with the beat of the song as she drove. she parked quickly and looked up as she got out of her car.

and there he was. waiting for her so he could talk to her. she doesn't talk to many people, only at work. so this was a surprise. she was super anti social.

she quietly walked up to her door, seeing him standing in front of his as he looks up and smiles.

"hello," he says, his smile seeming to
make everything more comfortable.

"hi," she says, nearly a whisper as she gets her keys from her pocket.

"i was wondering if you'd like to.. come over? you don't have to, but i just felt kind of bad that you had no one to talk to in these boring apartments and-"

"sure," she said, looking up to meet his green eyes with her golden brown ones.

"really? you're serious?" he asked with a surprised tone.

"yeah. ive got nothing going on today. ill just put my things away and be over in a minute."

"wow, okay." he said, happy that the girl next door is coming over after all this time. "just walk right in then." he said with a smile.

she smiled back, and it was so beautiful. michael knew he shouldn't even start liking her, because the odds of her liking him are slim.

she opens her door and shuts it quietly, wondering what she's gotten herself into this time.

it won't be that bad. at least he doesn't know why i cry, she thought.

a minute later, she found herself opening his door like he said she could.

-

k so this isn't that long but it's fine.
add to your library?
wc: 434