MY JOURNEY

CHAPTER 33

Dear Althea,

I'm sorry for leaving like this. Baka kasi kapag nagpaalam pa ako sayo, hindi ko na kayaning umalis. But I want to thank you for last night. Thank you for taking care of me. It was the best night of my life. Not because you made me feel good, but because I got to experience it with you. I can assure you that I will never ever regret sharing my first time with you. It was perfect.

Kapag nabasa mo na 'to, feeling ko nagreready na ako papuntang airport. I have to leave, Althea. And I'm sorry I won't tell you where I'm going. It's probably for the best. Sorry din kung hindi na kita matutulungan sa project natin. Kinausap ko na si Tito Jerry, and they'll assign a new project manager soon. Sinabi ko naman na pwede parin akong tumulong kung kailangan nila ako, but I can't be here personally. It'll be fine, Althea. Galingan mo ha. Tapusin mo ang project natin. We met because of it, and I'm really glad that I accepted the offer.

Take care of yourself, Althea. I don't know if we will meet again someday, but hopefully, when that time comes... okay ka na. Sana mahal mo na ang sarili mo. And I'd be so proud of you. Make that happen, Althea. Then maybe one day, you can finally be free. You can finally get what you truly deserve. Maybe one day, someone can make you happier. Maybe one day, someone can love you better. Maybe one day, someone can wait longer. Maybe one day, someone can finally give you the reason to fight harder. Maybe one day, Althea... one day, you'd find the person who will make you stronger.

I really hope you find the one. Always remember that you also deserve to be loved. Don't let other people make you believe otherwise. Hindi kita minahal at pinakawalan para lang saktan ulit ng iba.

Before I end this letter, I just want to say that loving you is one of the things I would never regret doing. I will always love you, Althea. No matter what happens, just know that you will forever have a special place in my heart. I'm also sorry for all the pain I've caused. I'm sorry that you had to go through them. I can assure you that you will never have to feel all that ever again.

Thank you for letting me love you. Until we meet again, Ms. Guevarra.

                                                                                                                                       Jade

It's been almost 2 years, and I could still remember every word I wrote in that letter. Naalala ko pa kung paano umayon sa plano ko ang lahat nun. Nung nakakuha kagad ako ng flight na ang alis ay ung gabi ng huling araw na nasilayan ko si Althea, at ung napapayag ko kagad si Tito Jerry sa pag-alis ko sa kompanya kahit tinawagan ko lang siya... I knew it was really time. I knew it was time for me to leave.

Pakiramdam ko, ang dami nang nagbago sa loob ng halos dalawang taon na un, pero ni isang beses, hindi na ulit kami nagkausap ni Althea. And in a way, I was really thankful for that. Tama lang rin ung desisyon ko nun na hindi ko na ipinaalam kahit kanino besides sa family ko kung saan ako pupunta. Hindi narin sila makakontra nung sinabi ko sa kanila dahil nakabili na ako ng plane ticket.

I've been staying in Paris with Kuya Gab and Ate Pearl. They let me live in their other apartment. Obviously, the journey wasn't easy at all. Nung pagkarating ko ng Paris, lagi akong tinatanong ng pamilya ko kung bakit bigla akong nagdesisyon na magstay muna dito. Nadulas ako one time kayla Kuya Gab, and I thought it was the end of my life. Hindi pa kasi ako handang sabihin sa kanila, pero ako pa ung nagulat nung hindi sila nagulat sa nasabi ko.