1.9

"Is that a plaster on your nose?" Harry asks, raising an eyebrow at Louis as he closes the door of his apartment.

"Yeah. I go into a fight."

"Really? With who?"

"My pores."

Harry laughs. "You covered up a pimple with a bandage instead of, I don't know, doing anything else?"

"No.."

"Yes."

"Maybe.

"I don't care if you have a pimple, Louis. It isn't going to make me like you any less."

"But.. I look like a clown without all the makeup and the rainbow afros and the scariness."

"Well, you act like a clown, so it's okay."

"I don't know if I should feel better or worse about myself."

Harry thinks for a second. "Um.. both?"

Louis sighs.

"Look, Louis, you look a whole lot dumber with that plaster on your nose than you would without it. No offense."

Louis bites his lip and nods. "I guess you're right."

Harry smiles. "Don't worry, okay? I'm sure you look fine."

Louis slowly takes the bandage off his nose,causing a small laugh to escape Harry's lips.

"I thought you said you wouldn't like me any less!" Louis whines, a sad look in his pretty blue eyes.

"I don't," Harry says, still smiling and holding back laughter. "I don't. I just thought it'd be.., you know.., not super small," he giggles. "I probably wouldn't have noticed it if you wouldn't have told me it's there."

"You're lying."

"Why would I lie to you? It's barely noticeable, honest."

xx

Harry sits down on one of the chairs at a table at some smorgasbord he already forgot the name of. Louis sits across from him, looking as great as ever- even with the tiny red dot on his nose.

A group of girls at a nearby table giggles, and Louis covers his blemish.

"They noticed," he mumbles. "I thought you said they wouldn't notice."

Harry rolls his eyes. "They're not laughing at your pimple, Louis, they're laughing at something else."

"No, I'm pretty sure they're laughing at my nose."

"I guess it isn't that hard to destroy your confidence. That's a shame."

"My confidence isn't destroyed."

"Oh yeah? Prove it?"

Louis takes his hand off his nose and straightens his posture. "See? Confident. Really confident."

"Yes, you do look very confident, Louis."

Harry watches Louis dig into his food. His confidence is obviously still there; if it weren't, Louis probably wouldn't be stuffing his face like this.

It kind of makes Harry wonder if Louis doesn't eat when he isn't around.

"Harry? Is that you?" someone says in an airy sarcastic tone.

Harry looks over and his eyes slightly widen. "Hey, Luke.." What is he doing here?

"I had no idea you'd be here. This is such a surprise."

"Haha, yeah. You can say that again.."

"Can we join you guys?"

"We?"

Louis smiles. "Yeah, you can sit with us, um.." he thinks for a moment. "Luke."

Luke smiles an evil looking smile and sits next to Harry. "Thanks, Louis. You're very kind."

"So, Luke, who is this other part of this 'we' equation?" Harry asks, trying his very best to sound nice.

But Luke isn't paying attention to him. He instead is looking around for someone, presumably this other 'we' person.

His eyes suddenly light up and he waves at someone. "Mikey! Over here!"

Michael approaches the table. His shoulders are further back than usual and he seems stiff. He looks tense uncomfortable.

What's going on?

"Luke," Harry says sweetly. "May I speak to you? In private?"

Luke nods, and the two get up and walk a few meters away from the table.

"What are you doing here?" Harry questions, instantly dropping his kind act.

"Having lunch, duh," Luke tolls his eyes. "What else would I be doing here?"

"Luke, I know you didn't just randomly wind up at the same place as me and Louis; Michael never looks uncomfortable around food. There's something going on."

Luke groans. "Fine. I made Michael follow you guys. He felt weird doing it, which is why he looks really out of the ordinary."

"You what?"

"Made Michael follow you guys, get the shit out of your ears."

Harry sighs. "You need to leave."

"Leave? So we don't disturb you oh so romantic date? Louis doesn't seem to mind us being here."

Harry looks over at the table. Luke's right; Louis and Michael look like they've known each other forever.

"Fine. You can stay. But only if you don't mess up anything."

"Why would I mess up anything? I'm here to see if you make out, not to destroy all your hopes and dreams."

Harry and Luke go back to the table where Louis and Michael are discussing hair colours.

"What'd you guys talk about?" Louis nosily asks as they sit down.

"Oh, nothing." Luke smiles.