prolouge

I sat quietly in the room, in a chair that was designed for people like me. I stared at the same blank wall for hours on end.

I was tired and hungry and alone.

Alone.

Loneliness is addictive. It's the idea that you don't need anyone or the idea that you're 'better off on your own'. Loneliness consumes you. It runs through your veins until there isn't one single cell that doesn't feel alone. You begin to hear everything; so much that even the walls begin to talk. loneliness is addictive. Just as drug abusers rely on their drug of choice, lonely people rely on themselves and only themselves.

I knew no one was going to save me. Not my mom or dad, god knows they were probably already dead.

I didn't blame them for abandoning me. I blamed no one.

I distinctly heard the faint sound of keys rattling and the creak of the door opening.

He was back.

He appeared right in front of me, square glasses propped upon his straight nose and dressed in a white lab coat. He always wore a blue shirt adorned with a black tie. In his right arm was his clipboard and in his left was a fist ready to strike.

"Hello Eleanor." He smiled widely at me displaying a full set of pearly whites that I so desperately wanted to remove one by one.

I stared lifelessly into his eyes.

"Are we ready to talk today?"

My state unrelenting, I continued looking at him, no words escaping my chapped lips. How long has it been since I had a drink of water?

His smile disappeared into a look of malice before being masked with false pity.

"Well I guess we'll do this the hard way." He cooed, signaling the men in. I knew what was to come. It happened once ever two days the man visited me.

"I really wish you just told me the truth Eleanor, make this easier on yourself. Such a pretty little girl like you should be normal. Such a shame given I know what you are. Now I'll ask once more, what are you?"

And just like every two days I responded with the same phrase in the same mocking tone.

"What am I Doctor?"

He sighed, shaking his head sorrowfully. "I see." Turning toward the men who I sensed were a mere foot behind me he spoke, "Do what you must with her."

And as he took off with a fleeting glance in my direction, the three men appeared in front of me all adorned with the same sinister smirks.

"It's nice to see you again little slut."

With that my body was lifted off the chair and I was used in whatever way they deemed pleasurable to themselves.

Tonight, I watched as they removed my pants as well as their own and I knew what the day's punishment was.

And just as every two days my eyes leaked a single tear, praying that one day I make these men suffer as they have me.

••••

be sure to vote if you enjoyed and comment some feedback (if you'd like to).

love, rose