Chapter 2

Craig's/MiniLadd's POV

"Ugh.... Are we there yet! My tail hurts!" Chilled complains, waving his glowing red tail around. Adam and I giggle at his childish actions while Max and Luke look like they're about to choke him. "You're the one who wanted to take a break from the cove to go explore the waters, so don't you even start whining about it now." Max comments, rolling his eyes. Chilled pouts, making Adam and I laugh harder. "Quit laughing! You guys are just a bunch of bullies!" Chilled fake cries. Now Max and Luke joins our laughing fit. "Fuck you guys! I'm staying here!" Chilled yells, laughing himself. "Okay, okay. Shut the fuck up guys. We need to figure out how far we are from the cove. Craig, you see that rock in the distance? You need to go prop yourself on it and try to figure out where we are." Max says with a smile still plastered on his face. I nod and swim my way over to the large rock he was talking about. It stuck about a foot above water level. Alright, now how the fuck do I get myself on that giant ass rock? I stare at it for a second before I get an idea. I'll just jump up out of the water like a dolphin! I swim down a bit and prepare for the jump. 3... 2... 1! I propel myself in the air and land on top of the rock. I sit up seal-style and look around. I see the Mercove extremely far off. From here, it looks like an ant. Well, at least the cove is in sight. I hear a familiar voice call my name, but it isn't Luke, Chilled, Max, or Adam. Who else knows my real name...? That pirate! I look in the direction of the noise to see a large, wooden pirate ship not too far away. I see a man, who I'm presuming is the pirate I saved, standing on the railing of the ship. Why is he standing on the railing?! He's going to fall off again! I swear I'm going to kill that pirate before he even hits the water! "Hey, Craig! Craig, is that you?! Craig!" He calls while waving both of his arms in the air. I smile and roll my eyes as push myself off of the rock and back into the water. "Did you see anything?" Max asks while swimming over to me. "Yeah, I definitely found something. I found a crazy pirate, that's what I found." I joke. All four of them tense. "Pirates?! We have to get out of here!" Chilled says before grabbing Luke and I by the arms and trying to swim, but I yank my hand from his grasp. "No, not those Pirates. This is a kind Pirate. These people aren't like them." I shrug before turning and swimming towards the large wooden pirate ship. "Craig, wait!" They all call out to me, but I ignore them. I'm determined to learn that pirates name. After a minute or so, I reach the boat with my friends right on my tail. "Get back here!!! Craig, stop!!!" I hear Luke's worried voice demand from close behind me. I poke my head out of the water and meet the gaze of a very excited pirate. "Craig! Is that you?!" He exclaims happily. "Yep, it's m- ahh!" I try to say, but something, or should I say someone, grabbed my tail and pulled me underwater. "Guys?! What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I curse with anger. "Pirates hunt merpeople! Don't you remember what our teachers have taught us?!" Nanners nags. "Not these pirates! They've had several opportunities to kill me and they haven't yet! Don't you think they would've killed me by now?!" I argue before sticking my head back out of the water. I see a worried pirate frantically searching the waters for me. I guess it startled him whenever the guys pulled me under the water. "Hey, pirate! Sorry about that! My friends are just being a bunch of dick heads!!!" I shout the last part so Luke, Max, Chilled, and Adam can hear me. Each of them pop their heads out of the water one-by-one. "We heard that, jackass!" Luke pouts. "Yeah, you were supposed to." I snicker. The rest of the pirates peek over the railings to look at us. I see one of them staring at Chilled and Chilled only, making me smile. I then look over at Chilled to see that he was staring right back, my smile growing wider. Interesting... I'll remember that. "Hehe, maybe these pirates aren't that bad." Chilled mutters to himself so no one else could hear, but I was able to hear him loud and clear. "Hey, pirate! What's your name?" I ask the pirate that I saved earlier. They all seem to know who I'm talking about, judging by the way they all turned to look at him. "I'm Tyler!" He answers me with a smile that gave me butterflies. I crack a large smile followed by a giggle in return. Yes! Mission complete! Now one more question still remains... Where are they going? Mercove is the only island for miles! Why would they be here?