Chapter 1

Tyler's/Wildcat's Perspective It's nighttime mean all of this goes down btw :3

"Ready, aim, fire!" Captain Vanoss exclaims as he turns our boat so the cannons would face the British ship that we're about to take down. Both ours and the enemy cannons fire doing major damage to them and minor damage to us. I man one of the abandoned cannons and ready it. I load it up and wait for Evan's orders. "Ready, aim, fire!" He repeats. All of our cannons go off, leaving the Brits little time to collect themselves from our last attack. "Keep er' goin'!" Vanoss demands while manning a cannon himself. "Ready, aim, fire!" He repeats again. Another symphony of blasts sound and crash into the British ship. Haha, we've got them right where we want them! Only a few of the enemy cannons sound, one of them skidding past the bottom of the long wooden pole that supports our flag. I quickly duck, aware of what this would cause. Unfortunately for John, he didn't notice and mast swings around the boat, hitting Smarty in the head and knocking him unconscious. The mast swings around a few more times before stopping. Once the guys knew it was safe, Galm and Ze drag John over to Nogla's office so he can take care of him. "Delirious! Man my cannon while I steer us towards our enemy! We're going to board their ship!" Captain Vanoss orders before leaving his cannon and dashing towards the wheel. Jon loads up the cannon and waits for Evan's command just as I do. "Ready, aim, fire!" He exclaims. We fire our cannons, my shot hit the enemy boat's hull as Jonathan's took out their mast completely. I watch as their Navigator falls from his station, dying the second his body hits the ground. Speaking of Navigators, we need to get Brock down before they take out our already damaged mast. I turn and face the mast, looking up in Moo's direction. "Yo Moo! Get your ass down here! The mast is damaged! Stay up there much longer and you're going to end up like the enemy's Navigator!" I call up to him. I see his head poke out of the cock pit, staring down at me. "Okay, I'm coming down!" Brock yells before climbing down the long latter. As I'm watching him climb down, I see that the mast is about to do another few laps around the boat. "Duck!" I warn the rest of the crew while dropping to the ground. All of my comrades obey followed by loud thuds, meaning that they had all dropped to the ground. While we're distracted, the British fire several cannons at us. The boat groans as it tilts to the side slightly. Brock's scream grabs everyone's undivided attention. The latter leading to the cock pit has been shot and now Brock is hanging onto the ropes that's holding one of our sails up. "Hold on, Moo!" Brian shouts to Brock with pure fear lacing his words. Terrorizer climbs the remainder of the latter and reaches out for Brock's hand. Moo does his best to reach out for Brian, but fails. He swings himself a little closer to Brian, grabbing his hand and holding it for dear life. Terrorizer scoots over on the latter so Moo has room to step on it. Brock manages to get his foot on the latter, earning relieved sighs from the crew. Both he and Brian climbs back down the latter and rejoins the battle. "Alrighty boys, grab your weapons! We're about to board their ship!" Vanoss orders after grabbing Del's hand and whispering something into his ear. Jon nods and pulls out the sword that Evan rewarded him last week. We all line up on the edge of the ship, awaiting our cue. "Go, go, go!" Evan yells whilst ramming our boat against the enemy ship. We all load up on the British ship and shout our battle crys. I immediately get in a fight with one of the red coats. He goes to stab me, but I block it with my sword. I try to take a slice at his neck, but he blocks. It goes like the for a while before I finally get the best of him and kill him. I smirk to myself and move on to the next one. Stab, block, slice, block, block, dodge, back stab. On to the next one. After a while, the enemy ships starts to groan and it rapidly begins to tilt. "Hurry! The boat's about to sink! Get back to our ship!" I hear Scotty warn. Everyone begins to run for our ship, including some of the British. I swiftly take out the Brits that are running towards our ship. As I finish off the last red coat a loud series of cracking and moaning came from the ship, and before I knew it, the ship was almost onto it's side completely. I run to the side that's not in the water and try to look for a way to jump back onto the ship. The entire crew, minus Captain Vanoss, was hanging over the boat with their hands outstretched for me. "Hurry Wildcat! Jump!" I hear Smitty usher. I take a deep breath in and back up a little to get a running start. I prep myself for the jump and leap towards the boat. I flail my arms around until I'm almost at the boat. I try to reach up for their hands, but I miss and fall into the navy blue abyss beneath me. As I'm falling, it feels as if time slows down. I stare up at my fellow comrades who are freaking out with emotionless eyes as I fall. "Someone, get a rope! Hurry! Wildcat didn't make it! He'll dr-!" One of them exclaims, but I submerge into the water before he could finish. All I can hear is the muffled sounds of my worried friends and the pounding of my reckless, pirate heart. I slowly sink deeper and deeper into the ocean. There's no hope for me now, even if they do manage to get the rope. I'm too far deep. I relax slightly as I accept my inevitable death. I stare up into the blurry night sky with a peaceful expression until I see a bright blue light swim in front of me with my peripheral vision. I direct my attention to the light and almost gasp. A merman with glowing blue scales. He floats in front of me and we stare into each other's eyes. I watch as his hair flows in the water and how his tail moves back in forth in order to stay eye level with me. Unlike his tail and ears, his eyes glow a bright, aqua, majestic green. Merpeople exist?! I thought they were all just legend and folk tale... The 'plop' take us both by surprise. We both look up to see that my friends had dropped a rope into the water. He redirects his attention back to me, staring into my eyes for a last time before he wraps his arms around my torso and struggles to pull me up to the rope so I could get back on my boat. My head slowly comes out of the water, allowing me to breath. I grab onto the rope and look over at the merman who was still eye level with me. "Why did you save me?" I ask, but he doesn't answer. "A-At least tell me your name." I plead in hopes of learning something about this beautiful creature. He smiles at me. "I'm Craig." He answers with a giggle that could drive a gay man mad, a.k.a me. Before I could ask anymore questions, I feel a tug come from the rope. The boys pull me back up to the boat, but my eyes never leave the merman I now know as Craig. "Hey Tyler, whatcha starin' a... Holy shit." Marcel says before spotting Craig in the water. The rest of the boys look over the railing and gasp when they see the majestic merman in the water. They didn't realize he was a merman until Craig waves goodbye and goes back underwater, his tail flipping out of the water long enough for us to see. "Was that a fucking Merman!" "Woah, I thought merpeople were just folk tails!" "What the fuck is a merman doing here! They should be at the Mercove!" The crew questions while all I do is stare at the place in the water where Craig was at a few seconds ago. "Tyler, did that Merman save you?" I hear Evan ask. I turn to see that he is standing right behind me. I silently nod and turn back to face the water. "Well, we better go thank him!" He says as he makes his way to the wheel. "What do you mean?" I question, prying myself away from the railing and following Vanoss. "We're going to Mercove, dumbass." He chuckles. "Really?!?! Fuck yes!"

Craig's/Mini's Perspective

I swim away from the large pirate ship, looking for Max, Adam, Chilled, and Luke. "Mini, where the fuck were you! We were looking all over for you!" I hear Luke's worried voice say from behind me. I turn around to see all four of the guys swimming over to me. "Sorry, I was just taking care of something." I lie. Max let's out a relieved huff. "Dammit Craig, we thought you ha gotten caught in the cross fire of those two ships. You scared the living shit out of us." Gassy says with a hand on his forehead. I let out a nervous laugh and scratch the back of my neck. "Ah, who cares! Craig's safe! Let's just go back to Mercove! I wanna go home!" Nanners complains while swimming off. We all sigh and follow him. Hmm, I never got to know that humans name... Maybe we'll meet again and I'll be able to ask!

Please forgive me if it's bad! This is my first story so there's probably a lot of mistakes. Thanks for reading and see you guys n the next chapter!