Chapter 2: The Audition

*Warning: This story is created just for fun, don't expect too much. And if there are errors please report it to me immediately. Chapters are also short, considering that I had a terrible writer's block since I basically started my weekly training.

****

Chapter 2: The Audition

Ace's POV

We're here infront of a huge stage located inside the school gym, my dad sitting beside me as we waited for the contestants to emerge from the stage.

I tapped my fingers impatiently, remembering my little deal with the school's known snobbish nerd, Serenity Chase.

You see, on one cold summer night many many years ago, I was walking along the shore when I saw her, mascara running down her cheeks. I guessed that she must've been heartbroken and I wasn't wrong. Her eyes practically bulged out of her skulls when she spotted me.

"Y-you! What are you doing.." she trailed off, wiping away the remnants of her tears.

I smiled down at her, reached out my hand for her to take and helped her up. "I just saw you nerd, and I do have a heart you know." I said, giving her my handkerchief. I am joking, of course. I do not care if she stripped naked infront of so many people, or if she spills her chocolate shake at her dress. No, I wouldn't care at all. But it's fun to see her visibly relax at my words and cried her heart out.

God, I should've recorded her saying all those funny things. The thing is, her long term boyfriend, Gerard Lee cheated on her. Well, everybody in town already knew that, but this naive nerd didn't suspect a thing until, I guess, now.

"I didn't know what I lacked.." she trailed of, voice cracking in the end. The truth is, Gerard is a player. He played her so well that this nerd thinks she's the one at fault. I mean, it's not her fault that she has big glasses and dry, dull hair.

"Maybe I should've told him the truth.." she whispered. I almost didn't hear it, the thing that caught my attention the most. "I should've told him about me."

I grimaced as she took off her 5 inch stiletto heels and threw it into the ocean. I mean, no girl has wasted shoes. Well, girls that always clings to me though.

"Sorry, Ace. I never expected you to be so.. charming?" She whispered, got up and walked slowly towards the road again. "But I know you're just pretending. You enjoy my misery, eh?"

I tried to hide my shock, grinning back at her emotionless face. How did she know?

I, for once, was lost for words but the grin never left my face. She turned back, dress swaying with the wind. Guilt flooding my entire body. I should've closed my mouth by then, but it's too late. I shouted the words, "Then, let's have a deal!"

Serenity looked back, her eyes glowing beneath the moonlight. Sky blue. Her black hair's loosened enough for it to be carried along with the sea breeze.

"And why, do I have to make a deal with a devil?" She asked, lips curled up in a genuine smile. Her lips reminded me of roses, red and seductive. Yes, I, Ace Angelo was drawn to Serenity Chase. I knew of her beauty long before but I never took the time to notice her and her assets. I knew a nerd, snob girl like her wouldn't fall for my charms easily but tonight might be the chance I'm waiting for.

"I don't know either, but I'll tell you this... First one to fall in-love with the other loses, and has to do the winner's bidding. What do you say?" I said, not really sure of the rules. I mean, it doesn't mean that third party is restricted and that we cannot flirt with other people.. But it's worth the shot ain't it? Besides, she's the last virgin standing in our high school. Many had attempted to woo her but failed, now.. I'll just play with her until she's mine. Well, it's kinda impossible the last couple of months because that's when Serenity's still in a relationship with Gerard and all, but whatever.