The Sing-Off: Stellar Performances

Start from the beginning

Group members include: Mary Akpa, David Fertello, Kari Francis, Jon Hall, Moises Navarro, Jenilee Reyes, Angelique Sheppard, Antoinette Taus and Daniel Weidlein.

Messiah's Men*** -  When the Messiah's Men left Africa, their goal was to make a better life for themselves in America. Now, eight years after forming the group, they have produced two albums, toured around the United States and received numerous awards in the gospel world. Although they have achieved their goal of living "the American dream," they visit their family and friends in Africa often. After surviving the war in Liberia through the power of song, the group is on a mission to sing their hearts out while servicing the Lord. These unofficial brothers are ready to take "The Sing-Off" stage.

Group members include: Matthew Benson, Samuel Guar, Barchue Guar, Dehcontee Guar, Trokon Guar, Lester Manly, Samuel Mappy, Claudel St-Jean and David Wilson.

North Shore*** -  As the Disco era came to a close in the late 1970s, the 10-piece show band Breakaway broke up due to lack of work. Three of the members from that band decided to stay together and formed North Shore in 1980. For the last 30 years, this refined street corner group has entertained thousands of listeners throughout the Boston area with an experienced blend of harmony, rhythm and tempo in songs from the '40s to today. The award-winning group offers a continuously fresh repertoire of hundreds of popular hits that span the last five decades. Each song and performance is arranged in a way that showcases each member in a role of lead singer - a trait that very few a cappella groups in the country can claim. North Shore has seen no shortage of accomplishments over the years, opening for The Temptations, The Platters, Ben E. King, Johnny Maestro, Al Jarreau, Roberta Flack and Frankie Vallie and, in 1991, winning The National Harmony Sweepstakes.

Group members include: Guy Chiapponi, Thomas Duarte, Paul Lopes, James Martin and Vinny Straccia

Pentatonix -  Pentatonix has that special a cappella swag, something that most singing groups tend to lack. They can sing, dance, harmonize and put together a respectable arrangement in just minutes. The five-member group based in Los Angeles is very new, although some of the members were part of a trio that went to high school together in Arlington, Texas. The final two members were found on YouTube and, just like that, Pentatonix was born. They have a modern style and draw influences from several underground electro genres, including dubstep and garage house. Pentatonix is hip and current, melding electronic music with pop hits and creating something that will make you want to dance and sing along at the same time.

Group members include: Mitch Grassi, Scott Hoying, Avi Kaplan, Kirstin Maldonado and Kevin Olusola.

Sonos*** - Sonos is a Los Angeles-based professional vocal group, formed in 2006 as a recording project that grew into a vocal band. They blend their voices together in perfect harmony through years of experience and live electronic effects that set them apart. The five members met in school and through various singing connections in Los Angeles. The unique group includes different types of singers who have studied different facets of music and performance. The diverse musical influences come through in their sound, creating something distinct and new in the a cappella world. They have released two albums to date, with a third upcoming album this year. Sonos tours continuously and is a polished group of singers with a slick and captivating live sound.

Group members include: Rachel Bearer, Jessica Freedman, Chris Harrison, Kathy Hoye and Benjamin McLain.

 Soul'd Out*** -  Soul'd Out, founded in 2007, is a mixed a cappella group from Wilsonville High School, in Wilsonville, Oregon, just south of Portland. The group is comprised of students from all grade levels, musical backgrounds and vocal types. They pride themselves on their diversity of character, timbre and musical selections. They are quickly making a name for themselves as one of the best high school a cappella groups in the country with their stunning arrangements and breathtaking solos. In 2010, they won the International Championship of High School A Cappella (ICHSA) Northwestern Semifinal and received awards for Outstanding Choreography and Soloist, and they placed fifth in the nation at the ICHSA Finals 2010. Soul'd Out took 2011 head-on, winning the Western Regional and taking second place at the ICHSA Finals. This group of kids can sing, dance and perform and are looking forward to showing the nation what they can accomplish.