Part 14: Fights

Leila:

"O Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou Romeo." I repeated the famous balcony scene from Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespeare. Last week I auditoned for the lead role for our schools play. I have no idea why they let us do this play because it's very morbid, but hey a lead role is a lead role that can go on My college applications. My Romeo is the one and only Levi. My co-captain in choir. We have to kiss multiple times. Talk about awkwardness.

Anyway right now we are rehearsing the scene after the masquerade where Romeo and Juliet kiss. Cathy the director of the play insisted that we do the kiss now so that it wouldn't be weird at the first show. Grayson was waiting at the auditorium doors talking on the phone when we started doing our lines.

"Then have my lips the sin that they have took."  After that we kissed and it was longer than anticipated. I looked over at Gray who didn't look happy at all. I shook it off and went back to what we were doing.

We ended rehearsals earlier than we have been because Cathy had some errands to run, so I said bye to the rest of the cast members and walked over to G.

"Hey." I said. Gray just kept on looking forward as if he was ignoring me. "Grayson what's the matter?"

"The matter? Maybe the fact that I saw my girlfriend kiss some other guy who isn't me."

"Really Grayson. It's just for the play. I don't like Levi like that. He's my friend."

"It sure didn't seem that way for him."

"Okay stop! It's all pretend. If you can't deal with the fact that it's for show then that's on you. It's not my fault that someone you don't like has to be the male lead."

"God dammit Leila! Are you seriously that stupid?! Can't you see that he has been flirting with you for a long time?!"

"Are you serious right now?"

"Don't act like the victim here. And you know what pisses me off more? The fact that you flirt back."

"No! You don't get to say that to me. Out of everyone here not you! Stop pretending like you haven't done it before. I decided to forget about it. There is a reason on why I chose you, not him or any other guy for that fact. You know what? I'm done with this. I'm going to get my own ride home. You obviously need time to think about this." I said backing away slowly then turning on my heel and jogging over to Levi who was still by the stage getting his script and some of the stuff he brought that he left in the dressing rooms.

"Can I get a ride from you?" I asked.

"I thought Grayson was taking you."

"Oh yeah he had to go somewhere." I lied and fake smiled.

"Okay sure. Let me just get my charger." He smiled. I nodded and took a seat on the side of the stage.

A few seconds later, Levi came back with his charger and we left. The whole ride to my house I was silent. I didn't want to talk to anyone, I wanted to get my mind off of the fight Gray and I had.

"Are you okay? You seem very out of it." Levi asked as he parked by my house. I looked up from my lap and stared straight forward catching a glimpse of Grayson shirtless and mowing the lawn.

"Yeah. Just peachy. Thanks for the ride. I owe you one. I'll you see tomorrow at school." I compressed my lips together and opened the car door. I slammed it shut which got Grayson's attention and looked my way. His facial expression showed sadness, sorrow, remorse. As if he was regretting everything that has happened. I had a vacant look on my face. I turned on my heel just as he was calling my name and walked inside where I slammed the door again. My parents and Leah are not home they are at her dance recital that I unfortunately could not make due to the play rehearsal that was at the same time it started.

While I was doing my chores and homework, I kept on getting phone calls. From Gray, Eth, Yatz. Instead of answering, I ignored them. Like I stated earlier, I don't want to talk about it. I need sometime to cool off and give Grayson time to think about what he said to me because it hurt.

What he said not only harmed me, but it made me think about our relationship. And yes he is not one to tell me about kissing other people. He's done it to me before, but I didn't give him crap about, instead I just let it go and put all my focus to our relationship.

Giving it thought made my head spin. As much as I hate to say it, it might be time for us to take a break from each other. Not officially, just time to make ourselves happy and not have to worry about messing up. I'll admit it, I will miss him so much but I'm order for us to work it out we need time off.

No matter what happens either tomorrow or next week, Grayson will always be the love of my life. He was my first for everything. And I'm glad he was. I don't regret giving it up to him. As a matter of fact I'm fortunate that it was him and not some other guy. He made me feel protected. He was careful, lustful, loving. Everything one could ask for in a guy. If we want to salvage this partnership then he needs to understand it from my point of view.  And understand that Levi is just a friend nothing more nothing less. Gray is the one that I want to be with, but if he can't see that, then I'm sorry but we need to be done. For good...