15. Bucky - 00 : 00 : 00 : 00

I don't even know what this is. I'm sorry. I figured anything would be better than nothing, right? I have no idea when I can post again so :/

Also, I've never done an AU before, let me know if you guys like it and I'll do more? This is really short but eh.

Bucky hated the clock.

He remembered wondering why it never started counting when he was younger, and his mother would say it was because his soulmate wasn't born yet. As soon as they were born, it would begin counting. So he waited. 

When he was eight was when some of his friends began realizing that his wasn't. Steve wouldn't say much about it, but he understood and lightened Bucky's spirits by saying that his clock wasn't counting either.

But by the time he was twenty seven and enlisting in the army, he figured he wasn't meant to have one, because his damn clock never started. And he was pretty fucking sure his soulmate wasn't almost thirty years younger than him.

He remembered being so God damned thankful that for years as the Winter Soldier, it never started counting again. He didn't want his handlers to notice if it began counting, and then wait for the day to come, so they could kill his soulmate. He understood that you hadn't been born yet, but he was wishing you never were.

He remembered the day it started counting down. 1989. He was on a mission and when he lifted his gun, his eyes flickered to the clock tattooed on his right wrist and he almost had a heart attack when he saw seconds ticking by. 27 : 55: 22: 17. In less than thirty years he would meet you.

He tried, he tried so damn hard not to let it be noticed. They noticed. And they began taunting him. 

"Just you wait, soldier. When we find them, we'll make you kill them."

He despised himself, because he knew they were right. They would wipe him, cover his arm, and send him on a mission just hours, minutes before he was destined to meet you. You would meet, he would bring you in - and he'd shoot you in the forehead. He had nightmares about it, even though he didn't know what you looked like. 

It was the one thing they couldn't rid his brain of, was the fact that he would do anything not to meet you.

In 2014, he escaped confused and alone and even more terrified than before. The clock then read 02 : 31 : 18 : 04. He had no idea what would come in the following two years, but he suspected HYDRA would have gotten a hold of him again. That was the last thing he wanted.

He figured, when he found you, he would keep on the run. You wouldn't want the winter soldier as a soulmate anyway, right? No one would.

A year later, he was on the run and scared. He was a year closer to meeting you. He barely even remembered who he was, but everything he remembered, he wrote in notebooks. Steve. Falling. Something about 1962? Sarah Rogers. Peggy Carter. Arm. Pierce. Stark. Zola. The damned clock, this time reading 01 : 09 : 34 : 03.

And then, months later, he was reunited with Steve in an unpleasant way. And he got thrown back into another issue, but it was okay this time. He had Steve. He had some memories. Maybe it was okay to meet you after all. Bucky couldn't help but feel almost, well, happy. 

When the day came, he was distracted. He didn't even realize it was that day until he happened to glance down seconds before and important fight with the people across the airport strip.

00 : 00 : 00 : 00

However, the last place he expected to meet his soulmate was by seeing you standing with Stark's team, staring down at your clock in surprise before meeting Bucky's eyes across the airstrip, shock evident on your face.

HAHA I love ending things like this, idk, should I do a part two? Let me know :)