1. Steve - Artwork Part One

1:37 AM.

You weren't even bothered by the time displayed on the clock when you glanced at it, instead turning back to your work quickly. In all honesty, you were too deep into your project to be bothered by the number on the clock or how little sleep you knew you were going to get.

The Avengers Tower was dark, except for the small lamp you had turned on when inspiration struck about an hour ago while you were trying to fall asleep. Being an Art Major in college was both fun and demanding, and you couldn't allow the possibility of this idea slipping once you fell asleep.

So, you thought "screw sleep, I'm going to sketch" and made a quick cup of tea, pulled out your drawing supplies, and went to work.

In truth, if you didn't have a project due the following week for the class, you probably would have written the idea down and gone to sleep like a sane person. But you had been trying desperately to come up with ideas for the project for the past couple days, and you simply couldn't risk forgetting it.

You paused your drawing, lifting the pencil and frowning for a moment before continuing. Obviously this wouldn't be the final draft, but you still wanted it to be perfect. Well, as close to perfect as you could get.

While sketching and painting were fun, unfortunately you didn't have people lining up to buy your artwork. You had to get a job working for Tony Stark just to put you through college, but you definitely weren't complaining - he paid well and you got a room at the tower to stay at as well. And of course, you rather enjoyed living with the Avengers for the past few months - one in particular, though you would never admit it out loud.

You glanced at the clock again just for the hell of it, not surprised to see it now read 1:59 AM. You shrugged to yourself and continued the drawing, knowing you probably wouldn't be close to done until at least three.

You were so into the sketch that you almost didn't hear a door slightly open ahead of you, or the footsteps that came into the main room you were in. In fact, you didn't know anyone was there until they called out your name.

"Y/N? What are you still doing up?"

You jumped, looking up quickly from your sketch to see a rather tired looking Steve standing in the doorway, a concerned expression on his face as he surveyed the situation. Did he have to be the one to see you with dark circles under your eyes and no make-up? Really?

"Oh, hey Steve," you smiled slightly with a red tinge in your cheeks, rubbing your eyes, "I could ask you the same question."

"Couldn't sleep," he said, walking more into the room. You noticed he looked slightly sweaty, and you imagined he was down in the training room. "Thought maybe punching a bag a few times would get me tired."

"Did that work out for you?" You asked with a smile, to which he shook his head.

"Not really," he admitted, his eyes going to the papers strewn across the table haphazardly, "Are you working on something?"

You glanced at the sketch, shrugging, "Something for my art class. I wanted to draw out a few ideas before I forgot them."

"You're really talented," he complimented, causing you to look down and blush slightly.

"Thanks, that means a lot."

"I've always had an eye for art," he admitted as he continued looking at the different sketches you had already done, "I used to draw quite a bit."

You felt a small smile grow on your lips, "Really?"

"Oh, yeah. Whenever I had the time," he smiled back, "I have to pick it up again, it was a great way to get stress off."

You nodded in agreement, "Well, I have some extra sketch pads and pencils if you want to join me? I can make you a cup of tea?"

Steve grinned, "That sounds perfect."

"What the hell is this?" A voice said from the doorway, causing both you and Steve to look back.

Sam stood there dumbfounded, looking between the both of you and then at his watch, "Do you two realize what time it is? The sun rose like ten minutes ago! How long have you two been out here?"

Your eyes widened as did Steve's, both of you bursting into laughter. You had both lost track of time somewhere around two thirty, or maybe when you finished your third cup of tea - once you and Steve had both started drawing, the conversation never died.

Steve explained what happened to Sam, who just shook his head as he passed you on the way to the kitchen.

"You two are unbelievable," Sam muttered as he went to the kitchen, making a cup of coffee, "I don't know anyone else that would stay up the entire night and talk about art. I didn't even know you were an art kind of guy, Steve."

He shrugged, a grin on his face, "I guess Y/N reminded me that I was."

You laughed, "Well I'm glad I did. I didn't know you could draw so well!"

Sam rolled his eyes, taking his coffee, "Well, when you want to talk training or maybe things we need to get done for the Avengers, let me know."

Steve just chuckled as Sam left the room, facing you again, "Unfortunately he's right, we should probably get as much sleep as we can before the day officially starts."

You nodded in agreement, standing up and yawning, "Well, that was fun, but next time let's not do it in the middle of the night, yes?"

Steve raised an eyebrow, "Next time?"

Your eyes widened slightly, "Uh, I mean, if you want a next time. Do you? I have more sketch pads - and pencils and stuff - if you want to-"

"Definitely," Steve grinned, also standing. You let out a small sigh, knowing how awkward you just sounded. Maybe he'll play it off as being sleep deprived.

"I'll walk you to your room," he said with a smile, to which you blushed slightly and followed him.

You really hoped this wasn't a one time deal.

A/N - I am planning a part two for this, so don't worry it isn't finished! :D The person that the chapter is dedicated to was the one who requested this. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed it :)

Feel free to leave a request here or in my inbox if you have one!