Monsoon Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Now try and pay attention because I have no idea why or how this happened. If I turned to face it I would be paralyzed with fear and would probably die. All I remember thinking was either I needed to run or I wish I could teleport myself to somewhere safe. As soon as I thought that, I closed my ears, and when I opened them I fell on my back. I sat up and looked at the big huge paintings. I was at Max's house. Don't ask me how I did it, it just happened. I looked around confused.

"Liza?" Max appeared in front of me in almost a second. I had forgotten how fast he moved. I jumped when he just popped up next to me. I tried to get my heartbeat back to normal. "How did you get here?" he asked.

"I don't know," I said confused.

"What do you mean?" he questioned.

"I mean. I was at my house one second and the next I was here!" I exclaimed. He was still confused. "You're an idiot", I said as I got up annoyed.

"Wait, wait, come here," he said opening his arms as he smiled at me.

"Max I don't have time for your boy hormones! I need to figure out what's going on!" I yelled. He just laughed and reeled me in. I couldn't get away. He held onto me tightly and took a deep breath.

"Max, what are you-", I began.

"Shh", he breathed in slowly.

"But I just-", I started again.

"Shh", he said still holding on tightly. We stood there for a couple more minutes.

"I'm getting old here", I said. But he ignored my comment. He finally let go after what felt like an entire lifetime. I moved back a little.

"What was that for?" I asked looking at him.

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to hold you", he said. I rolled my eyes and smiled. I missed that sense of humor. "Okay now seriously come here," he said. I stood in front of him and he just stared at me. What a freak. He looked worried. "Come on let's go", he said taking me into his arms. "Hold on." Now I get how he can travel so fast. He's a demon. But that has nothing to do with me. Before I could think about it anymore I gasped as the force began. We whirled through the room, through the house walls. Through the forest. We were hurled with the speed of light through the camp, across the skyline. The velocity was ripping my body to shreds. I screamed the whole time. Max didn't even make a sound.

As we landed Max shifted his body to break my fall. I screamed from the fall anyway. We had landed on my bedroom on the hard wooden floor to be exact. I cried in his arms now. I'm pretty sure that hadn't happened when I teleported. Max picked me up gently and placed me on my bed.

"That was horrible", I said. I couldn't feel any part of my body.

"It'll wear off, sorry, I almost forgot you can still fell everything." he said. He kissed me and smiled. Okay, the pain was gone, I laughed. But what about this power?

"You were the chosen one," Max started. What? "You were born with the gift. You've always had these visions, these feelings. You just never paid attention to them. Until now of course." He said smartly. I really hated how he told my life story better than I did. That feeeling came over me again. Something bad was going to happen. I still didn't understand anything.

I spent weeks trying to control my "powers". Well that's what Max called them anyway.

"You have to concentrate," he said standing behind me. "Stand still." I obeyed. Think Liza think. Why me? I was so tired. I needed sleep. I looked at the time. One a.m. Ugh. My body was too weak to go anywhere.

"Maxxxxx", I whined, "I'm so tired". He came in front of me as I leaned against him. He put his arms around me.

"Sleep, Liza, sleep," he whispered quietly in my ear. He carried me to the bed. He was trying to pull my arms off of him, but I wouldn't let go. He lay down next to me, playing with my hair. I got closer to him and drifted off.

I woke up wanting more sleep. Max was still next to me. I looked at him and smiled. It quickly faded when I saw his face. Anger and sadness. I got worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Would you listen to me if I told to stay here?" he asked urgently.

"But wait what's wrong?" I got louder and he got up, I did too. He turned away, he was about to leave. "Wait, just stop!" I yelled, but he was already gone. Ugh! He doesn't want to listen to me then fine, I won't listen to him. Think Liza, think Max. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate. I opened them and I was still in my room. I tried again. I felt the wind blowing my hair. I defiantly moved. I opened my eyes and I was in Chase's room. Chase's room? I looked around confused. Um. Unless Max was in here, I can't concentrate for my life. I looked over to Chase, who was still sleeping, he looked so peaceful. I just wanted to hug him. I turned and almost walked out.

"Liza?" I heard a voice behind me. I missed that voice. I turned back towards him and smiled timidly. He got up and stood in front of me.

"Liza look, I just want you to know that I'm still waiting for you. Tons of girls have thrown themselves on me, but I don't want them. I want you, Liza", he looked into my eyes. He was an inch away. You know you'd think he would ask me what I was doing in his room, but instead he tells me all of this. And maybe if he wasn't half naked I would be able to comprehend what he's trying to tell me. My eyes lingered over his muscular body. Did he get more muscles? I felt his body heat consuming me, even though I wasn't even touching him, Okay anything that happens after this is his fault. He should go put a shirt on. No wait, I take that back. "What I'm trying to say is I don't care what you've done, who you've been with. I don't care about any of that. Just take me back. I need you," he touched my arms. "I just want to point out that I think about you every hour of everyday," he had his puppy face on. He knew I couldn't say no to that face. So I looked at him and smiled.

"Every hour of everyday?" I repeated, with a smirk on my face.

"Every second of every hour of everyday," He said as he pulled me with him on the bed. He put his arms around me. A feeling came over me, but it wasn't the bad one, no this feeling was like I was supposed to be here. Right here with Chase. I signed in relief.

Months passed even though I was happy with Chase my thoughts often flickered to His whereabouts. I missed Him. I needed Him. My heart ached. And with Chase, I don't know, it's as if he tried so hard to please me. Like he afraid I would leave him again. I don't know why he tried so hard, I just wanted one thing from him but I never got it.

One day while I was lying down next to Chase as he played with my hair, I heard it. A soft low cry in pain.