Monsoon Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I woke up crying. I knew I should have blocked out that memory. My heart ached more now; I should have seen this coming. He had way too much love for me for it to be real. It took me awhile to calm down again; I looked at myself in the mirror. My black hair was messy and it was long and tangled. Sigh. There were dark purple circles under my eyes from the lack of sleep. My whole face was puffy and it looked like I had been crying for days. Get a hold of yourself Liza. Move on. But I couldn't. I wouldn't.

Knock, Knock. It was Chase. He was at my door. Oh god. I quickly fixed myself up. I would die if he ever saw me like this.

"Liza? Open up. I have some awesome news," he said sounding really overly excited. I opened the door to see Chase, super red. Holding up what looked like two airplane tickets. I frowned, obviously confused. He could tell I wasn't going to get whatever it is he was doing.

"We're going to India!" he exclaimed as he jumped up and down like a little girl. I laughed.

"What?" I asked, eyeing him carefully with a smirk on my face.

"You, Me, winter break. In beautiful India," he said as he took me into his arms. "Your parents already said yes," he breathed. How? When did he even ask them? Oh who cares? I needed a vacation. I smiled. India. Wow.

It didn't take long to pack. Before I knew it Chase and I were already on the plane. It was kind of scary being so high above the ground. As soon as we took off, I grabbed Chase's hand. He didn't seem to mind. He just took my hand and kissed it. He looked at me and smiled. He was too sweet to me I swear. I think at some point I fell asleep because when I woke up I was leaning on Chase's shoulder and he had his arm around me. I looked up at him and he kissed my forehead lightly. I smiled and rested my head on his chest. We were almost landing and the plane was extremely bumpy on the way down. I officially hated planes. Oh my god. The view from outside. It was...amazing. A lot different than America I can tell you that right now. The sunset was incredible. The sun was red I swear. I hadn't realized the plane had stopped until Chase tugged on my shirt. I snapped out of my daydreams and laughed. Chase put his arm around me as we walked out.

It was really hot even with the wind blowing. Finally we got to the hotel. See now, I wasn't expecting the room to be so gorgeous and...big. The chandelier glistened on the ceiling. The black leather couches. Was that a Jacuzzi in the bathroom? Oh my god. Chase really out did himself this time. The long walls painted a light blue and the floor covered wall to wall with black carpet. The kitchen at the far end. The dining room on the other end with a nice polished wooden table. My eyes flickered to the bedroom. Holy...the bed was HUGE. I mean not like king size, I mean like king size times ten! I hadn't realized that Chase had finished talking to the maid until he came up behind me, took me into his arms and started kissing my neck. I laughed and tried to get away. He chased me around the room until he finally caught me and we fell on the bed. We laid there across from each other; all we could hear was the soft tapping of the rain outside the window. My hair was in my face as usual so Chase gently pushed it aside. He kept his hand on my face and gazed into my eyes. He had his arm around me, no possible way to escape. Another few minutes of him just staring at me. How can he look at me like he hasn't seen me everyday for the past 8 years?

"You're so beautiful you know that?" he said, still staring at me. Me? Beautiful? Was there someone else in the room? I looked around. Nope just me and Chase. I sighed. Maybe he was the one hallucinating.

He frowned. "What's wrong?" he asked. He probably thinks he did something wrong. Oh how wrong he was.

"Nothing, nothing," I answered back. But he didn't buy it. He sat up. Oh great. I defiantly ruined the moment. I sat up too and looked at him. Wait the look on his face. He wasn't like this just because he didn't believe what I said, no, there was something else on his mind as well. He was about to say something but...

Boom! Boom! My head snapped up towards the wall. Oh crap. Just what I needed. They followed me all the way to India?! I looked at the demon. This one was wingless, but still just as scary. I felt my chest tighten up and I couldn't breath. I'm going to end up having breathing problems when I get older watch. I could hear its laughter, taunting me; I was frozen with fear to react to anything. I couldn't even speak. Chase, of course, had no clue on what was going on or what I was gawking at. He looked at the wall and back at me numerous times.

"Don't move," I barely choked out. I was trying to get Chase to stand still but I was fighting with myself to move.

"What are you-", he started, but I cut him off abruptly.

"Shh. Just stop talking and don't move." I instructed. The demons eyes flickered to him and its look got even more menacing. I stared at the demon closely. I saw its chest rise and fall, but it was no longer paying attention to me. I could see its mouth curve up evilly as it staggered forward slowly reaching for Chase. Okay Liza, you need to stop this thing before it hurts him. He isn't here to help you. I was just getting the courage to get up and attack, when I heard the yell. It caught me and the demon by surprise. It wasn't anywhere close by, but it was coming towards us. Louder and louder until it finally reached the hotel room. I gasped and the demon froze.