Chapter 25: A Broken Coccyx.

Start from the beginning

He sounded like he had a rock stuck in his vocal chords, but it still sounded all the more beautiful to me. He wants a future with me. That's what he just said, right? He wants to share a future with me?

"You want to share futures," I dead panned.

"Y-Yeah. Do you?"

"Are you sure? A few weeks ago you said-"

"I know, I know what I said. I've thought about it for awhile and weighed the pros and cons, but I made up my mind yesterday."

"...do you want to go on a date then?"

He made a sound that was very similar to a cat harking up a hair ball, and I guessed that he really wasn't expecting me to ask him that question.

"You don't have to. I mean, I thought it'd be a good start if we're really going to try this thing out."

"Y-You said you didn't want to go out."

"Well now that I've broken my ass, knocked my brains in the right direction, and learned that you probably aren't like the rest of the bastards and bitches I've dated before, I think I'm okay with going on one date. Just to see how things go."

He contemplated it for awhile. After a few minutes, he finally answered back. "I guess that would be okay. When could we do it? We'd have to wait until your...coccyx heals."

"After London. Definitely."

"Or during London? After the conventions over and all of my friends leave. It would be more exotic, y'know?"

"Mh. Sounds good Sparklez." My eyes were getting heavy.

"Night, my love," he whispered jokingly.

"Night, darling," I replied sleepily.

My dreams that night were filled with roses, candles, and brown eyes.

~2 weeks later~

My life had never been so good before. My mornings were spent with breakfast in bed, cuddling Jordan as we binge watched Breaking Bad and played footsie under the covers. My evenings were spent on Jordan's recording room couch, watching him play minecraft while he streamed to thousands of people unbeknownst of my presence in the room. I was good at laughing quietly, let's just say that. Every now and then Jordan would pause his stream to 'go have a snack' when in reality he'd hop on the couch with me and made sure I was fed, my was bladder emptied, and I was in a content mood. At night, he would make sure I took all my meds before bed and even gave me a small kiss on the cheek for a reward. He was a good boyfriend, even though we weren't even dating and never mentioned it in any of our conversations anymore. But he was trying to prove he would be a good one, I knew. And I approved of it. He would be a good boyfriend. One of the best.

Also over the two weeks, my ass has finally stopped torturing me throughout the night with constant pain and aches to keep me up. I'm walking now, I can sleep on my backside without howling in pain, and I can go to the bathroom by myself. I can tell Jordan misses playing nurse. He'll still ask me constantly if I'm okay and hell if he's going to let me go anywhere in the house without him by my side. If I'm being honest with myself, I love playing the patient when he acts like a protective little nurse. It gives me a reassuring sense of security, something I haven't felt in awhile.
Sonja and Tucker called a week after my accident to see how I was doing, and I spent almost a whole day explaining what all had happened since I'd left. I missed them, despite how happy I was with Jordan. I promised I would try to visit sometime before the London trip, but that promise was looking slimmer and slimmer as the days went on. I couldn't help Jordan pack right now because the doc claimed I still needed plenty of bed rest, and as soon as I did heal completely the trip would only be a day or two away. I would have to spend that time packing, I probably wouldn't have time to visit them. It would most likely have to wait until after London.