"don't thank me." i scold.

"you're giving me a baby." he grins, pulling out of me. "jesus christ, that was the quickest i've ever came. the effect you have on me."

his eyes feat down my sweat glistening body. it was barely anything, but i'm sweating and panting like i've just run a marathon. without even thinking about being sanitary, he sprawls out beside me, but keeps an arm around my waist.

i decided to have a baby without consulting my brother or even my own father. they hate me at the moment and they'll hate me even more for having a child behind their backs, but do i really care?

they treated me terribly and didn't even apologize for it yet. i haven't spoken to either of them in weeks, and i'm hoping they cave in soon because i'll need them to support me and help me if i do end up pregnant.

"you're overthinking." jack mumbles. "tell me what you're thinking about."

"nothing." i blurt.

he makes an unconvinced humming sound, "wanna know what i'm thinking?"

"what are you thinking?"

"about baby names."

he's bosses with the idea of having a baby. now i actually want to give him one as soon as possible to shut him up.

"i'm thinking of unisex names right now." he adds.

"i'm not even pregnant yet."

he's getting way too ahead of himself.

"yes, but i know that neither of us are infertile, so i'm confident that you'll get pregnant."

*

i walk downstairs, pulling my robe closer to my body. i woke up to an empty bed, but didn't panic because i was sure that jack would be downstairs. he wouldn't leave for work without saying goodbye anyway.

he sits at the breakfast bar, a cup of steaming hot coffee in front of him. he looks tired and his hair is disheveled.

"you look like a mess." i comment.

"i know," he sighs. "i have the biggest headache. which means i won't be going to the office and we can spend more time together."

"don't be such a baby. take an advil." i suggest.

his eyebrows raise and he seems to ignore my suggestion, "speaking of baby, did we make one?"

i shrug my shoulders, "i don't know. i haven't taken a test."

or thrown up.

"so do we try again?" he frowns, tilting his head to the side like a lovesick puppy.

if i weren't so tired and out of it, i'd let him take me on the kitchen counter. i decide to stay wise and shake my head in response.

"it probably takes time." i tell him, having absolutely no clue myself.

he nods, agreeing with me, "come here. i want to hug you." he holds his arms open.