chapter six / family reunion

third person

//

seungkwan had his arms linked with hansol as the two looked around. the only person seungkwan knew here was hansol and his dad.

"seungkwan?" a voice called from behind them. seungkwan turned around and an old wrinkly face lady was staring with her mouth hanging open.

"my, seungkwan, you've gotten so big! i last saw you when you were six!"

"grandma?"

"guys! come here!! it's seungkwan!" his grandmother called out.

seungkwan watched as his relatives came rushing over. hugs were given, a chorus of 'you've gotten so big!''s were said, and cheeks were squished.

"seungkwan, who's this?" uncle taewon asked, gesturing towards hansol.

"this is hansol, he's my friend." seungkwan said, looking over to hansol and smiling.

"nice to meet you hansol." uncle taewon said mono-toned. he clearly didn't like hansol.

"nice to meet you too sir," hansol said, bowing and smiling.

thats what it was like for another half hour. seungkwan reuniting with old relatives, seeing some of his cousins like jihoon and jeongguk.

"come on, let's go inside." seungkwan said.

the boo family's reunion was located at a local hall. a big building that probably was a church at one time. there was a stage for plays, and a small kitchen at the side. schools probably came here too sometime. the building was empty, because the family was all busy outside.

the two boys sat on the edge of the stage, their feet dangling.

seungkwan bit his lip and moved his hand over a few inches so that it was holding hansols.

"hansol," seungkwan said leaning into the other gently.

"yeah?"

"i, i think i like you."

"i think i like you too."

hansol turned his head towards seungkwan, leaning in just enough so that their lips touched.

but just then, the door opened and uncle taewon stood there with seungkwans dad at his side. they were cleaning up and bringing in chairs from outside, but the two young boys didn't hear them, so they continued their kiss.

uncle taewon was furious. he knew he hated hansol. seungkwans dad looked worriedly at taewon knowing his whole family was homophobic.

taewon dropped the chairs and walked quickly towards the two, stomping angrily. seungkwan and hansol pulled away, just as taewon grabbed hansol by the shirt.

"get out!! now!! i don't know who you think you are but get out!!!" taewon stormed, pushing hansol to the floor.

seungkwan bent down to help hansol up, but taewon pushed him down too. "get out! both of you, now!!!" he yelled angrily.

hansol got up quickly, helping seungkwan up with him. he grabbed his hand and ran out. seungkwan started to cry.

"taekook, why did you even bother coming?? you know homosexuals aren't allowed. you know that!!! we hate you and your son. leave, and don't bother coming back next year."

outside

seungkwan and hansol waited in the car. seungkwan was crying and hansol hugged him and calmed him down. seungkwan was grateful he had hansol. and as for hansol with seungkwan.

//

how did this make you feel???

-eomma yoona