Mothers Fathers, and new fathers

Start from the beginning

"Can't you at least tell me what our house looks like," I pleaded. Mark shook his head before pulling me in for kiss, his hand placed on my neck to pull me in closer. When our lips reconnected, their was a spark, just like when I first met him. It was full of love, and compassion. When we parted, Mark asked the one question.

"What to you think I'll baby look like," I smirked, just shrugging my shoulders before we pulled up to a driveway. Turns out our house was very far away from Marks parents, just a few blocks away. Walking distance. Mark handed the driver a couple bills before hopping out of the car to go grab our bags while I admired our new house. It was a large white two story building, with dark blue outline planks of wood. Mark walked up with a key and handed it to me.

"Welcome home," I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him close before we walked over to the door. Marks gabbed in the key into the keyhole, twisting in, and swinging open the door.

"They're here," a women's voice shouted from a living space inside from the door. The women peeked from behind a wall that separated the living room from another room.

"Ma," I shouted, running up and embracing her in my arms. She gave a gentle squeeze back, hugging me close to her chest. I buried myself into her chest a giving a weak smile. Of course she couldn't see, but hey.

"Ma, there is just so much to tell you," I exclaimed, moving away from her chest. Ma began to rub the top of my head and gave a smile. She lead me over to our white cotton couch-which felt amazing, and sat me down. I motioned for Mark to do the same while Ma had called dad in to sit with us. He gave a curt nod in Marks direction and gave me a wide smile. I smiled politely back at him before turning my attention to Ma. Dad sat behind her and wrapped his legs around her waist.

"It was so amazing, just the hotel in general. It was so big and fancy, but the bedroom was so neat and prepared." I described to my parents. They nodded and smile, occasionally looking back at Mark and smiling.

"Bet you had a few heated sessions," Ma prodded, giving a mischievous smile. I nodded, looking back at Mark, preparing myself for what was about to happen next. I grasped his hand in mine, like a child holding his mothers hand for reassurance. Ma and Pa looked at us with concern.

"Is everything alright?" My mother fretted. I smiled, getting a little teary eyed.

"Better than before. Ma, Pa, I'm," I paused to look at Mark before looking back at my parents. "I'm pregnant."

My mother looked shocked, coving her mouth to keep from screaming. Though, not from joy or happiness, but with fear. Pa looked from me to Mark, gaze narrowing on Mark.

(Sorry, this is probably not Jack's fathers name, I just made one up.)

"Jerry, I sure..." My Ma could finish her sentence before Pa unwrapped his legs from Ma's waist to jump up from the couch. Frightened, I jumped from the couch with Mark at my side. Mark stepped in front of me, blocking Pa from touching me. Pa seemed less interested in me, but more in Mark. Pa grasped Mark by the collar of Marks shirt before crashing him into the wall.

"You did this! You did this to my son!" Pa shouted into Marks face. Mark kept calm, holding Pa's wrist for balance. I looked over to Ma before looking at Mark and Pa.

"It wasn't planned, is it a crime for wanting what any other man would want?" Mark stated calmly, Pa scowled at Mark before throwing him to the ground. Mark grabbed his head is pain, while Pa looked down before sending a boot into Mark's direction. Then again and again.

"Pa, stop!" Pa ignored me and knelt down to bring Mark back up by his shirt to bring up his fists to Marks face. He began to bleed from his nose, and his face began to bruise.

"Pa, please stop!" I tried one final time, again I was ignored. Shit shit shit, what do I do. I did the only thing I thought I could do. I jump beside Mark, pulling up my own fist to send to my Pa as an early "fuck off" present. Pa dropped Mark on the floor, and turned to look at me, then to Mark. His face lit in horror as he made his way over to his wife. I bent down on my knees to lift Mark's head. I stooped to sit on my ass and set his head in my lap.

"Sean, Sean I'm so sorry. I don't know what-" Pa began to apologize but I didn't let him finish. I looked at him, tears lingered in my eyes.

"Get out," I whispered. Not looking up from Mark's warm body, running my fingers through his hair comfortably. Pa and Ma froze, looking down at Mark with me.

"What?" Pa asked in a hushed tone, Ma tear slipped from her eyes. My eyes narrowed and my eyebrows furrowed.

"I said to GET THE FUCK OUT!" I shouted at my parents, anger clear in my voice. Pa and Ma instantly began towards the door. They turned the bend and a few moments later I heard the door open and shut. A car engine started a minute later and became silent as it drove in the distance. Tears picked at the edges of my eyes and my vision.

"Mark, what do we do? My Pa doesn't except this marriage, let alone this baby." Tears streaked my cheeks as I sat there with an unconscious husband, a new forming baby, and tears flowing freely from my eyes.