I really hope Rachel comes she seemed a little down the other day, I hope she's okay. Rachel calls me a few minutes later saying she's gonna be there so I text her the address and got in the shower. After about 2 seconds of touching the water to get the temperature that I want, I fall on the floor as I see my tail appearing long and thick. It was pretty magical I saw dim sparkles all over me and I'm quite sure I was glowing.

 It was pretty magical I saw dim sparkles all over me and I'm quite sure I was glowing

I scream as I fall and see my tail for the first time ever. I thought my mom was lying about the whole entire thing but it's true.
My mom comes barging into my room, running towards me.
"Mom, what are you doing in here?" I say.
"I heard you fall and I wanted to check on you- ohh my goodness your tail is gorgeous honey!" She says running her hand all over it.
"Ugh mom stop that it's uncomfortable" She moves, walking back outside to look at my outfit
"Oh and by the way where do you think you're going with this outfit?" She says looking at me confused.
"A party" I say.
"Is there water involved in this 'party' "
"Well yeah, it's a party" I say, slightly irritated.
"You need to be careful, you hear?" She says walking out.
I start getting dressed and start heading out the door to pick up Alexa, Rachel said she would come by herself.

****

I arrive at the party and I see a whole bunch of people and their friends. Right away I see Alexa walking off to all the girls. I sit on the couch and relax looking around because I've never been to a party and I'm quite sure I look like fresh meat. I took out my phone and stared at it, pretending like I'm using it and I don't think anyone is buying it because a guy sat next to me he was kinda cute.
"Hey, you lookin' kinda cute in that tight dress of yours" He says while looking at my boobs.
"Gross get away or I'll call the police" I say calmly as he gets up angrily, walking away. I thought parties were supposed to be fun not a place to hook up. I got up to look around for Andy and there he was with his girlfriend locking lips. I don't know why, but I found myself standing there watching them until Andy turned around and looked at me like I was crazy which was embarrassing.
"Luna! You made it! How do you like it?" He yells.
"It's okay this guy totally just tried to take me home with him" I say as his facial expression changed, looking away from me and then taking his arm off of his hideous girlfriend.
"Oh, are you planning on going with him?" He says, I say no and I see him starting to smile again. Sometimes I'm not sure if I should even be liking him, like look at him basically expressing emotions right in front of his girlfriend unless she's just someone who he says he's dating to people or unless he just didn't want me to leave the party when I just got here. I smile back at him and wander away, looking for Rachel but she's nowhere to be found. I really am worried about her she's been acting very strange and I wish she would tell me what's wrong. 

***

A few hours later into the party I'm having a pretty great time but I'm out of breath from dancing and I'm seriously thirsty. I start walking around again walking to get some fruit punch, thinking about what my mother said about being careful but this isn't water it's juice, I don't think this would make my tail come out. Just as I was about to get some juice, two idiots came running and made the juice knock over a bit, I moved just in time before the juice could get on my dress but it still got on my hands as I put them up in reflex screaming dramatically. I noticed that as I put my hands up both of the boys tripped onto the floor. Right now I have no time to think about this, I quickly run to the bathroom as everyone is looking at me and shut the door, locking it and falling to the ground with this beautiful tail.
I looked at it with so much amazement because I'm still getting used to the thought of having something like this on my own body.
"Luna, are you okay?" I hear a familiar voice and it sounds like Andy's. Does he ever give up?
"Yes, I'm fine don't come in here" I say. He starts trying to open the door. What the fuck did I just say?? I grow tired of seeing the door knob turning, I mean it could open any second so I take something and throw it at the door. My phone was across the floor and I needed it to call my mom can it get any more worse right now? After a few minuets of my struggle I finally get to the phone after dragging my whole tail across the floor but by the time I do my tail has already vanished and all my clothes are back on. Someone comes through the door.. not open and walk in, but THROUGH, it's the girl I saw at lunch. She also had blue hair and luxurious skin like me. She looked at me smiling, I smiled back. The knocking of the door grew louder and stronger, I guess because of the thought of what just happened.
"I've seen you at lunch before, you're that girl they called a bloody bitch right?" She says laughing and looking at me.
"Um excuse me that was an accident I couldn't help it.. Why are you in here anyway? How did you get through the door like that? And most of all didn't those people see you? What will they think?" I ask confused as ever with a worried look on my face. She places her hand gently on my shoulder to calm me down.
"Luna calm down you ask so many questions don't worry about that, nice hair by the way"
"How did you know my name?" I ask moving back. This is getting creepy.
"I know your name because I'm one of you, my name is Scarlett. Now we have to get out of here they didn't see me because I made myself invisible so you just walk out and I'll go behind you" She whispers in my ear, then turning invisible. I open the door and walk out to be greeted with everyone staring at me. After I walk out of the bathroom I look away from everyone and walk past them so I could go home.

I arrive home, unlocking and opening my door seeing my mom and her boyfriend watching a movie and cuddling together. Gross. I say hey to both of them and they don't hear me but that's okay It saves me from having to tell my mom everything that happened. I take off all my clothes, putting on my pajamas and putting my hair in a bun as well and got in bed. All night I have been thinking about how close I was to becoming total sushi to everyone in that party but also I found Scarlett coming into my mind repeatedly. It's so great that I may have a new friend.. Someone that's like me.

-Picture is Gillian