CHAPTER 5

Back in Mithila...

After many years...

Sita grew up to be a girl of unparalleled beauty and charm and possessed the greatest of womanly virtues.......

In Sita's room...

Hmmm didi... Have you though about your marriage??! Father is deeply planning on your swayamvar...!!"

"Urmila, you seem to be more excited than me. Haha... What's the matter??"

"Nothing like that didi...but I feel you have already given your heart to someone ;)"

"Ayee... Nothing like that. I don't like anyone. But of course, I have my one description of the person whom I would like to marry!!"

"Oh great didi...I would love to know the qualities of my brother-in-law. Please tell me didi. Please..."

"Oh ho!! I don't think so you are going to leave me unless I tell you. Ok fine..I'll tell you!! Listen..."

"Sita! Urmila! How many times to call both of you??? You both have so many works to do. And Sita, you can atleast tell Urmila right?? Now both of you, come and help me with my work. You both can chatter any other time! And yes, I'll have to talk to your father for a while...till then continue with the work. I'll come and join you later."

"Oh mother, why do you have to ask us to do work? Sorry to say, we didn't hear you call. We will be very happy to work. You can take your own time and rest. We will manage the work mother."

"I'm blessed to have you both as my children. Now I'll go. Take care of your works and yourselves."

In King Janak's quarters...

"Arya...why did you call me? And that to, you told it's a serious matter! What's the matter arya?"

"Sunayana... It's indeed an important matter to be discussed. As you see, both of our children have reached their age of marriage. And we have not yet decided on it still. Do you have any idea?? I'm really worried!"

"Oh yes arya, I too had the same topic in my mind and I was about to discuss this with you today evening. I have a very good plan in my mind... Why don't we arrange a swayamvar? Many great Kings will take part in the event. And we will decide a tough task for the participants. In this way we can be assured that Sita will have a very good husband. But the thing is I don't have any idea about what kind of task we can provide-"

"Your plan is just perfect dear. And I think I have found a task too...
Why don't we make use of Shiva Dhanush??! It's quite impossible for normal mortals to even move the bow. So the task will be - who ever can lift the bow and string it, will have the opportunity to marry Sita. What do you say about this??"

"This task is the best arya. Surely Sita will have the best husband in this case. We will arrange for the swayamvar by this week and send grand invitations to all the Kingdoms."

"As you wish priye. You please go and inform Sita about this. She will be very happy!"

"Yes..I'll inform her right now."

"Sita, your swayamvar is going to be in this week. You wouldn't even have imagined how grand and unique it will be. But I won't tell you now. It's a surprise. You'll get to know only in your swayamvar. All the best."

"Oh wow, my swayamvar... My dreams are coming true finally!! But matashree, it's very clever of you...you should have told me about my swayamvar plans. But it's ok...I'll wait. Surprises are more beautiful."