V. Desire vs. Fear

Carlo’s POV:

“This is it.” I opened the door  to which I was assigned.

It was dark inside. I sniffed and smelled nothing in particular.

As I walk, dim lights started glowing and I saw where I was walking.

Then I heard something. It was like a machine being turned on.

I turned and looked to where that was coming from, and then suddenly a bright light blinded me.

“Damn!” I said rubbing my eyes then I walked to where the light came from.

“Motherf*cker!” I shouted as I saw the big space and machine in the middle.

I ran towards it and saw a sign board.

It read . . .

Fantastical- a game produced by U-Play Company. It is due to be released on the market next year.

You are lucky enough to have the chance to try this top-of-the-line product of U-Play.”

Host’s Note:

 “By the time you’re reading this, I know how badly you really want to try this new game of U-Play. Well, I’m a generous host. I’m letting you play with this and it will serve as your obstacle. Pass all three levels of the game and you can proceed, fail to do so you’re out of my race.”

“Haha! I think luck’s on my side.” Then I walked to the control area and started choosing my character and settings.

“Hmmmm, I love playing with swords. I guess I’ll go with the House of Samurai.” The moment I clicked the start button, my clothes slowly changed to those of the Japanese fighting with samurais.

“This is damn cool!” I exclaimed examining my clothes and the weapon I possess.

(A/N: Fantastical is a game to be played in a hologram room. This is kinda futuristic. The player gets to choose the settings and the character it wants to portray. As the player chooses the character, he/she will be dressed like the character and talk just like the character.)

“Time to play. Carro-sama, fight-o!” I said then started running as the scene changed into the era I chose.

Rachelle’s POV:

“This is it Nath.” I said and I could hear my voice tremble.

“I-I know.” She was also afraid.

Who wouldn’t? I mean, we’re girls for Christ’s sake, and those two dush bags left us all alone!

We need to win this race.

Nathalie held unto my arm as I turned the doorknob and opened the door.

I was thinking of dark alley, operating tables, messed up room, but I guess I was wrong.

The room we entered was so girly. The walls were pink and it was brightened up by the perfect lights.

“Is this our obstacle?” Nathalie asked.

“I don’t know yet.” We continued walking and stopped when we saw two small doors.

The one on the right has a sign saying: Tips and Toes, while the one on the left says: Face to Face.

“Is this a spa or something?” I said.

“Hmmmmm, according to the note here…We need to enter on one room. Well then, if I were to choose, I’ll go with the Face to Face. This race is making me have wrinkles.” She said as she stood by a sign board.

“Me too. I guess these rooms could give us some pampering before we continue with the race. I guess we’re lucky enough to find this room first before the others.”

“You’re right sister! Time for pampering!” she said then we split ways.

She went to the one on the left and I entered the door on the right.

The room was smaller but still it has pink walls and it’s bright.

“Welcome to Tips and Toes Miss Campbell.” A lady droid appeared and greeted me.

“What do you have to offer me?” I asked as I examined the room.

“We only have three options:  Off Nails, Toe Trades, and our special service Tips and Toes Overload. What would you like to avail Miss Campbell?”

“Those names sound weird. Anyways, I need a major stress reliever, so I’ll go with the overload something.”

“Excellent choice for a classy lady like you. If you will, this way please.” She led me to a inclined chair.

I sat then took a magazine from the rack and started reading.

“Excuse me Miss Campbell. Before I start, please wear these headphones first. It will help you relax and be relieved from your stress.” She said handing me a furry headphone.

“Sure.” I said then I put it over my head and a slow music started playing.

“Now this is relaxing.” I said. I saw the droid’s mouth open as if talking yet I couldn’t hear her.  Maybe the music was too loud. Anyways, I need to relax and be stress free.

Host’s POV:

Everything is going as it should. I never thought it was this easy.

I should have done this earlier, but that won’t make be fun, right?

Now was the perfect time for everything.

“Now, let’s see who will go first?” I said then to the big screen.

“Carlo and Rachelle had already eaten my baits. I guess I won’t wait for long before one of those two gets eliminated.”

“Nathalie and Jack, hesitating are we? You’re not like your partners in terms of decision making. Well, take your time and enjoy your remaining life. Hahahaha!”

“Oh look at what we have here? Aren’t you two too hot for each other? Still hasn’t entered the room yet aye Alice and Greg?”

“Well, I don’t need to worry with your delays. It just makes it more exciting for me.”

“Jonice!”

“Yes Young Master?”

“Guard here first, I think it’s time to say goodbye to one of our players. Signal me when something comes up.” I said without even looking at my droid.

I walked towards my personal elevator and pushed a button. As the doors closed, I feel so high and excited as if I’m in drugs.

Is this the feeling then?

Is this how a killer feels when it was time for the kill?

 '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Ayan! another update!

Ganyan ko kamahal lahat ng readers ko, hehehe.. ~.~

Try nyu rin sana yung The Cursed Kiss ko..~.~

Vote.Like.Comment

~RainKiss~