Chapter 15

Nightpaw walked into the camp entrance and thought about asking one of her clan-mates of Lynxpaw. She strode over to Sunpaw to ask about the strange small apprentice. "Sunpaw? Do you know who Lynxpaw is," Nightpaw meowed. "Yes, I have met him once. He is quite energetic, I think he told me his mentor was Moonclaw," Sunpaw meowed as she took a plump robin from the prey pile and bit in to it. That one name rang in Nightpaw's mind, Moonclaw. My father mentors him... maybe I can find more about my father at the next gathering! Nightpaw nodded thanks for the information and turned to walk into the apprentices den. As she curled up beside her brothers thoughts flooded her mind. Even though she was troubled by these thoughts she managed to fall asleep. She sat down in a new meadow, Birchtail and Quietcry walked towards Nightpaw and sat in front of her. "Will I ever meet my father," she asked slowly and looked down. "Moon Clan cannot tell the future, young one," Birchtail meowed, licking his paw and drawing it over his head to clean his white and black starry fur. Nightpaw knew she was about to train with Birchtail so she got in to a battle stance. Birchtail had a faint wisp of sadness in his eyes, as if he endured the same emotions as she was feeling. Nightpaw gave him easy hits that he could have clearly blocked with his paws. "Birchtail, whats wrong? You seem distant," Quietcry meowed soothingly and licked behind his ears. "I don't mean to bring sadness but, my father was Storm Clan. My brother was made fun of and he had enough so he went to our father's clan. Many moons later after i grieved very much i received news that he died from falling off a ledge," he meowed with sadness over flowing his eyes. "I am so sorry. I have a request to make though. I know it is against Moon Clan code but I would like to go into the dreams of Lynxpaw. Please," Nightpaw begged. Quietcry let out a sigh knowing that Nightpaw would continue to beg if she didn't say yes, so she sent her to a large oak forest, with a lake in the middle of it. She looked around and saw Lynxpaw sitting on the bank. "Hello," Nightpaw meowed slowly. "Aren't you the pretty she-cat from earlier," he asked. "Yes, and I have a question for you. How is Moonclaw," Nightpaw meowed not wanting to seem so forceful with this question. "He is fine, why," Lynxpaw meowed tilting his head. "He is my father," Nightpaw took a deep breath after she told the older yet smaller apprentice. "Oh, I heard you were half-clan," Lynxpaw didn't seem surprised that Moonclaw was her father. "I must go now, goodbye," Nightpaw meowed and left his dreams.