Chapter 13

Nightpaw awoke and looked down at her paw pads she saw they were only scraped instead of burnt from the tree. "Oatpelt will be furious," she muttered to herself. She went down to the small stream to clean the wound. As she dipped her paws in the water she sensed something was wrong. She sniffed again and she realized what it was, Storm Clan moved their borders and she was right on where they moved it. "I have to tell Foreststar," she meowed. Nightpaw looked over and saw that a Storm Clan patrol was coming. She then noticed that her own clan's sunset patrol was coming. Nightpaw raced over to them seeing Clearsong, Grassflight, Thornnight, Sunpaw, Dawnpaw, and Duskpaw. "What's wrong--," Clearsong was interrupted by Nightpaw. "Storm Clan have moved there borders into our territory! A patrol is coming now," she hissed. "We have to defend our territory. Storm Clan thinks we are weak, I'll show them," Dawnpaw snarled his brown fur bristling. "Very well. We will show them we aren't weak. Duskpaw return to the clan and get Foreststar for help," Thornnight meowed furious from the Storm Clan cats. Duskpaw raced through the trees. Suddenly the enemy patrol was directly behind them, in it was Mousepaw, Raventail, Sunclaw, and Deerfeather. "What do you think your doing on our territory," Raventail snarled. "You changed the border. Are you really that mouse brained to think we wouldn't notice," Grassflight snarled. "Oh please, we took advantage of this because you are too weak. That apprentice with the sprained paw wont be able to stand us," Deerfeather hissed back her fur on end. Nightpaw had enough, she may be wounded but she could fight as strong as any apprentice. She tripped Deerfeather over and jumped on her pinning her and clawing her shoulders in doing so. Then the fight broke out, Duskpaw was tussling with Mousepaw, Grassflight was biting Sunclaw. Nightpaw was too busy wounding Deerfeather that she didn't notice Raventail sneaking up on her from behind. Raventail jumped on her back making Nightpaw roll on to her side and Deerfeather yowl in pain after being clawed so much. As Raventail pinned her Duskpaw stopped tussling with Mousepaw and went to rescue Nightpaw from Raventail's grasp. Duskpaw attempted to claw Raventail's should but failed in doing so. Raventail then clawed Duskpaw's shoulder. Mousepaw fled through the trees and Foreststar burst through the undergrowth with Hollypaw and Smokepaw behind him. They fought off the other Storm Clan cats and they stalked off through the trees. Each cat in the battle walked to the medicine cat's den and collapsed on the ground blood oozing from their wounds. Hopefully Oatpelt wont notice my burnt paw pads and just think I scraped them. Nightpaw thought as she drifted off into sleep while Oatpelt was working on all of their wounds.

Art by: Maplespyder