Chapter 9

She awoke tired from not sleeping last night. She dared not to tell Foreststar about walking in to a kittypet garden or she would have to pick out ticks out of the elder's pelts for a moon. She walked out of the den and she realized how close to the end of leaf-bare was and new-leaf would begin. Nightpaw walked over to the warriors den and nudged her mentor awake. "Hmm? Yes, Nightpaw," Heatherheart meowed. "I'm going out hunting," Nightpaw responded and began to walk out not minding to hear Heatherheart's answer. She looked up as she walked out of the clearing and saw water begin to fall from the clouds. As she looked up at the rain she shut her eyes, soaking in the comforting water as it drenched her pelt. She then began to run feeling the water and rain mix together against her fur as she barreled through the pine forest. She then stopped and lay down to rest against a large pine tree, the snow was mostly gone as it began to warm up and there was only frost. She starred at a little lavender flower that was about to sprout. The lavender wavered in the wind and rain and then stood still for a moment. Nightpaw then got up and began to walk and accidentally stepped on some weak undergrowth and the ground seemed to disappear. She landed with a thud and a yowl, spraining her front paw. "Help me someone please," she screamed from the hole. Suddenly a patrol appeared with Smokepaw, Hollypaw, Grassflight, and Fernear. They all peered down into the hole wondering what all the commotion was about. "Please, help! I fell on some loose undergrowth," she meowed with fear in her voice. "Nightpaw? Is that you," Hollypaw meowed. "I see some vines from up here. Can you reach them," Fernear meowed his ginger and white fur swaying around from the rough wind. "Maybe, I can. My paw is sprained," Nightpaw responded with cringing fear in her voice. She tried to climb the vines and they seemed pretty sturdy but then she put her paw in the wrong place and fell. She staggered to get up with small scratches on her body. Blood fell on the first as she got up to try again. She clawed her way up wit three paws almost falling every few minutes. Moon Clan help me. She thought as she reached the last stretch of vine. When she got on to solid ground she fell over from exhaustion. Grassflight gently picked her up by her scruff and rested Nightpaw on his shoulder. The patrol and Nightpaw stalked off towards the camp. By the time they reached the camp Nighrpaw was slightly conscious and they could walk her to Oakpelt's den. Grassflight put her down on a moss nest so she was comfortable while Oatpelt got herbs. Oatpelt carried over some broom, borage leaves, cobwebs, and comfrey root. Oatpelt wrapped the cobwebs carefully around Nightpaw and used the rest of the herbs, chewing the comfrey root in to a poultice. "Will she be ok," Hollypaw asked. "I hope so," Oatpelt meowed grimly.

New book i'm making! Hope you all are exited. ( ノ^ω^)ノ゚-Ryoko

Art by: Finchwing