0.9

The Part Where I Start Making The World's Worst Film™

I remember worrying to the fullest extent about what people would think about me being a filmmaker. People already thought that I was dating the boy with cancer, and I didn't need them to start wondering if I was one of those weird kids who filmed everything and anything, and would he come into my house and film me while I was sleep?

Zayn only continued to eat some type of Pakistani treat that his sister had thrown together. He'd called it a "nasty–ass piece of shit", and compared its taste to the inside of a dog's funky–ass butthole. It had gotten to the point where he must have grown tired of hearing my constant complaining about what might happen, because he interrupts my ranting with informing me that I'd only agreed to doing the movie because of Kristen's titties.

I still, to this day, have to ponder about that. Maybe I only did agree because of the perkiness of her breasts. I'd like to think that it wasn't.

It took a bit, but I was finally able to convince Zayn to do the film with me (Especially since he'd told me and made sure that I know that he had never agreed to creating the movie). I hadn't visited Louis in nearly three days whenever we began our creation of the World's Worst Film™. We had to go to his house whenever I'd ensured that he had fallen into a deep, seemingly endless slumber that wouldn't end for a lengthy span of at least four hours.

His mother was more than welcoming to allow us inside. When we had asked her if she'd be willing to answer a few questions, she poured herself a large glass of champagne and told us to ask away.

It never ended up being edited into the final cut of the film.

Me: So, could you tell me about Louis' birth?

Johannah: God, was that an ordeal. I spent an entire day in the delivery room. Made me never want to have any kids again.

*Louis' mother stops, taking a long sip of the alcohol*

Me: Did Louis have a favorite toy?

Johannah: Let me tell you something, Harry, and I'm only saying this because I care about you. Don't have children with anyone until you're absolutely certain that you love them, and that you're ready. Don't be the man who abandons their child.

Me: Uh. Okay. So, no favorite toy?

Johannah: Favorite toy? Well, yeah–he always seemed to want to gouge his eyes out with scissors. But, when his father left, he'd made a point to go through his things and take the blade to 'em. I was so proud.

Me: Scissors?

At this point, Louis' mother seemed to be done with the interview, which is good, because I was certain that Louis would be due to wake up sometime soon. She gave both me and Zayn hefty glasses of wine, then sent us on our way (But, not before telling us about what good people we happened to be).

Next came the interviews that we'd taken for the school. I had taken the liberty to set up a makeshift room in the auditorium with permission from Mr. Walsh who'd gotten permission from the principal. I hooked Zayn and I's mobiles up to the camera that we'd used to make all of our films, and made an announcement over the intercom for anyone who wanted to be apart of a movie for Louis Tomlinson–tragic, intraocular cancer kid.

The turnout was impressive, to say the least.

The interviews were filled with the usual, basic things that someone'd say on tape for a classmate with cancer. Most of them were awkward; as they didn't know what to say to the boy who they never quite spoken to, and now felt bad about considering the fact that he was in the midst of dying.

But, a few of them were funny, and worth a notable mention in this.

Wicked William: It's so shitty that you're dyin', maybe your doctor is lyin', 'cause it's so unfair that someone as cool of you might be fryin'. (This one is a personal favorite, as it was topped off with a harmonica and banjo ensemble.)

Random Girl 1: I think it's super cool that your boyfriend's doing this for you. Mine's only asks me if I've been gaining weight.

Random Freshman 4: Even though I think you're Jewish, I just want you to know that this is all a part of God's plan for you.

Emo Kid: I wish it was one of the cheerleaders who'd gotten cancer, and not you.

In the end, we weren't able to use many of those, either. It was all a huge waste of time.

Now, if this was a love story, this is the part of the story where, me as the handsome hero would undoubtedly continue to finish the World's Worst Film™ in honor of the dying heroine. (I did, eventually. Don't worry.) Our dying, weak heroine would continuously say wise, lovely things that would grip the heart of the reader and force tears from the crevices of their eyes, and I'd pray to God and ask him why he was threatening to take away the boy that I was starting to slowly fall for.

But, it isn't. Louis just got sicker, and more unhappy. And, the film was going utterly nowhere.