"Uhh..both actually. Some stuff she orders online, da fruits tho I was with ha when she picked those up so don't even go thinkin' she had shit ta do with this," I warned, gettin defensive on Mikaela's behalf.

"No one's pointing any fingers as of now Mr Alsina. I mean your statement here says your daughter was kidnapped. I don't know why they failed to communicate that earlier to us from the precinct," he said as he read over some file he was holdin'

"Cause I'm a nigga- that's why," I said as I clenched ma teeth at da thought of da muufuckers who'd arrested me earlier.

"I think we've got everything we need," the csi stood up saying afta putting away all of ha samples.

"The lab results should take a couple of hours. We'll keep in touch Mr Alsina," officer Daniels stated as I nodded.

************

"So we just waitin on whatever results dey come back wit.. " I finished explainin ta Mikaela.

"Alrighttt. I got Brie Brie the biggest-prettiest daisies in all of Atlanta. She once told me they reminded her of the sun," Dawn smiled at her gift as T placed it down nearby.

"Aaannd...this gift if for all three of you," she said as I not saw the little basket she was holding behind ha back.

"Paxi!" Mikaela said as we look inside ta see da little fella layin' thea

"The vet called since they couldn't reach yall and I was listed as emergency contact on his collar," she said

"Dat was ma idea. I know you ain't really like dogs so thought it would be funny," I admitted

"I can't believe you actually picked him up though," Mikaela said as we both petted ol' boy.

Dawn shrugged, " eh what can I say. I knew he would bring some typa joy to yall and Brie,"

"She'll love this D. Thank you so so much," Mikaela said in appreciation.

"Yeah..thanks Dawn, we 'ppreciate it," I said genuinely

"I need to get back to the boutique though guys." She said feelin bad since she didnt get ta see Brie.

"And I got some errands to run. Kiss our GodBaby soon as she wakes up for us will yall?" Big T requested.

**********
Mikaela

About an hour after T and Dawn left, the doctor finally came to us.

"Mr Alsina. Ms Montgomery." She greeted us as we both stood up waiting on her next words.

"She's up."

"Thank God " I said in relief.

"The antidote seems to have flushed out most of the poison from her system. She's still very weak, but you can see her- with an escort," she said

It felt awful to be scrutinized by others, but I knew it was only procedure due to the circumstances of Brie's illness.

August held my hand as we entered slowly. And I almost broke down in how frail she looked in such little time.

"Brie babeh," her father said as she leaned in and placed a lingered kiss on her forehead

She tried to speak through her oxygen mask but must have been too weak.

"Sssh. It's okay baby, don't say a word," I told her as I stood on her other side.

August who had brought Pax in, lay him next to Brie on her bed.

She just looked on, placing a hand on him... before we knew it she dozed off into sleep again.

"What's on ya mind ma?" August asked as I snapped out of the train of thought I was having.

"They asked you if I bought groceries myself," I said still thinking.

"Yeah...but that don't mean they think you hurt ha bae," August responded.

"No, I'm just thinking Brie's milk- I purchase it in bulk."

His frowned deepened as he also began thinking, " - cause she's lactose intolerant."

"....I order it through the company and they deliver it!" I said a little more worked up

"Shiid! I forgot ha milk is special. It's always in one of those clear food storage containers. I ain't remembered ta tell da police dat she da only one dat drinks that milk!" He sprung up saying.

"It's okay babe, I usually just store some in there for easy use...but we need to tell them, " I said as there was was a knock.

"Sorry to interrupt, but an officer Daniels is outside?" A nurse came in and said

We both looked at each other, knowing the results must have been in.

**********

"The results are in." He said as soon as we walked up to him outside

"The powdered milk shows concentrated doses of ethylene glycol," he said

"I forgot but our daughter's lactose intolerant so that milk- we buy it specifically fa her." August spoke up shakin' his head at da confirmation of what we thought.

"Does anyone have access to this milk apart from you two?" He asked us.

I shook my head, " I place an order online and the front gate buzzes them in to drop it off when the delivery gets to our home."

"Look I don't think either of you did this to your child. This seems to be linked to whoever kidnapped your daughter since reports show they planned on killing her. But is it common knowledge that your daughter is lactose intolerant? " He asked

"We never put that out there- it's not public knowledge...i mean, only our close friends and family know this. Just in case she has to sleepover or go out with any of them- they know." I explained to officer Daniels.

It then struck us all.

"Ms Montgomery, if it's not common knowledge, it seems that whoever kidnapped your daughter is one of those people......"

******************
Dum Dum da dummmm

That's my suspense music if you ain't know!

Soooo...Brie babeh recovering thanks to God.

Those damn police overlooked the fact that they knew Abrianna was previously kidnapped smh (August told them this in his statement when he was first arrested...I just forgot to actually type that part into the story lol)

And someone poisoned Brie's milk!!
And they think it's someone in their inner circle?? But who??

Brie and Pax in the mm

Vote and commenttttt luvs!!