Chapter 47

August

I clenched my jaw as I tried to ignore the fact that ole girl was standin' across da parking lot lookin' right back at a nigga.

I hit da locks on ma vehicle bout ta get in before ma anger gets d best of me, but guess I wasn't quick enough.

"August! Wait!" Miracle calls out as she frantically makes ha way across towards ma ride.

I ignore ha ass, and climb in but as soon as I get ma foot on da pedal ha hands land on ma open window.

"August please! I'm sorry just-"

"You got 5 seconds ta get da fuck out ma ear," I cut ha ass off and replied.

"Look I got your voicemail and I wasn't planning on ever doing this but now that I see you, you need to know wh-"

"Five." I say out loud after mentally countin' as dis broad rambled on.

"It's about the picture!" She yells even mo desperate than I thought da bitch coulda ever been.

I slam ma hands onto d steerin' wheel, havin had just enough of this bullshit.

"Well of course it's bout da picture! Can't be bout da fuckin nice weather we been havin lately, can it?!" I yell back givin ha a "no shit" typa look.

Ha eyes dart back and forth as she looks at me without sayin another word.

"Move 'way from da vehicle," I say befo clenching ma jaws. I had ta get home to ma daughter and she was gettin in ma way of doing dat.

"That night after leaving your house in Miami, I was robbed" she blurted out

I frowned at ha not believin a word out ha mouth, " dats da best shit you could come up wit??"

"It's the truth. Please let me explain August, I think it has something to do with your daughter's kidnapper,"

I exhaled slowly tryna control ma anger.

I turned and looked at ha from da corner of my eyes, " so help you God. If you makin' shit up dat has ta do with ma daughter Miracle. You gon regret all dis shit"

"Im not making up a thing," she said as she stood back awaitin me ta step out ma whip.

As I stepped out I saw ha look around da parkin lot, as if she was nervous or sum'n.

"I ain't got all day," I snapped causin ha ta jump a little.

She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear as she hugged ha arms in da cool breeze dat was blowin'.

"After I left your house, I was on my way back to my hotel when there was a bit of a road block on the highway.
It was really late so i was the only one on that lane at the time...." She began

"As I awaited my window was smashed in by someone on the outside. I didn't know what was going on but told them to just let me go thinking they wanted the car. Instead some man hit me upside the head with a metal bar..."

I analyzed ha as she spoke, tryna see if she was tellin da truth or not.

"What's dat got ta do with ma daughter doe?" I finally spoke up.

"The man pulled me out the car by my hair, as I lay on the sidewalk half conscious. I noticed he rummaged through the car, until grabbing my handbag and my phone which were on the passenger seat."

"The strange part is, he told me if I report any of this he'd have me killed- and that I shouldn't go back to the Montgomery house for help either."